Just curious...

Elvis

1st Sergeant
4,945
4,832
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Location
Little Norway, U.S.A.
Did the navy use FJ Fury's (-3 and/or -4) during Vietnam?

If so, were they used much?

How successful were they?

Didn't see much on the net and I always thought they'd be a better match to a Mig-17 or 19 than the F-4 Phantom II was.




Elvis
 
I believe the Furies left the fleet in the late 50s. There might of been a few assigned to training squadrons but for the most part they were well gone by Vietnam.

The F-4 did well against the MiG-17 or 19 if pilots flew them in the vertical. The radar was the big selling point for the F-4.
 
Ah, I see.
I was thinking in a head-to-head dog fight situation, but you make a very good point.
Thanks for that.

Elvis
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back