Ki-46 III Surrender markings

otftch

Staff Sergeant
1,384
65
Joined
Dec 8, 2006
Location
Franklinton,NC
Here's an old LS Ki-46 III "Dinah" in another variation of Surrender markings. Kit is 1/72. Judging by the paint scheme,this may have had the oblique cannon installed. All Japanese aircraft flying after the surrender were to be painted overall white with green crosses to avoid being shot down. I'm working on a H6K "Mavis" flying boat in surrender markings, that is only white behind the wing. I've seen so many variations I wonder if white paint was scarce.
Ed
 

Attachments

  • DSC05630.jpg
    DSC05630.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 364
  • DSC05633.jpg
    DSC05633.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 334
  • DSC05634.jpg
    DSC05634.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 318
  • DSC05635.jpg
    DSC05635.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 318
  • DSC05638.jpg
    DSC05638.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 318
  • DSC05648.jpg
    DSC05648.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 439
Last edited:
You build these things quickly!

I always have ten to twelve in progress. Sometimes I get two or three completed in a couple of days. I leave the canopy work till last and then have a real good day , a steady hand, and they come together quickly.
Ed
 
I have ever researched about the green cross.
It was not hard for me to imagine that the Japanese pilots and ground crew would be happy to see their aircrafts which looked as if a German plane.
They respected the Germans. So, it would be no wonder even if the color was not necessarily green but black as a small spiritual resistance to the alliers though no one would have admitted that officially. This is my guess as a Japanese:)
 
Here's an old LS Ki-46 III "Dinah" in another variation of Surrender markings. Kit is 1/72. Judging by the paint scheme,this may have had the oblique cannon installed. All Japanese aircraft flying after the surrender were to be painted overall white with green crosses to avoid being shot down. I'm working on a H6K "Mavis" flying boat in surrender markings, that is only white behind the wing. I've seen so many variations I wonder if white paint was scarce.
Ed
Nice work!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back