KI 61 Hien Hasegawa 1/32

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

For such a battered and worn bird she sure looks beautiful

Thanks for showing how you get your weathering effects. I wish I was as organized as you. Imagine printing proper labels for you Tamiya paint mixes.

WOW!

Dan

In the images on the first page you've attached all the cockpit interior stuff like the seat and such to some kind of rod stuck into a black thingy with holes in it..
Was curious as to how you made it stick to the rod?

At the moment I'm using some kind of sticky dough (not sure what it's called in english) to keep the parts in place when painting, but perhaps you've got something better?

Very nice work by the way, I'm very tempted to build this model myself.

It is a polyurethane rubber used in cars in remote controlled (scale 1/5) to protect them from shocks. I use bits of sprue sharp on one side. Melt one end fixed and the piece to paint.

KI61084.gif

KI61085.gif

KI61086.gif

KI61087.gif

KI61088.gif

KI61089.gif

For such a battered and worn bird she sure looks beautiful

Thanks for showing how you get your weathering effects. I wish I was as organized as you. Imagine printing proper labels for you Tamiya paint mixes.

WOW!

Dan

A lot of labels.

USAF AND USNAVY

KI61090.gif

Luftwaffe

KI61091.gif

RAF

KI61092.gif

JAP

KI61093.gif

Oh, so you melt it, I thought those were wooden sticks..
I'm guessing it's easy to remove with a bit of force, but strong enough to last while painting?

I thought you were using Blu-Tack, so I bought some and it works rather well for basic paintwork, but it's not very stable and the pieces move around some.

Oh, so you melt it, I thought those were wooden sticks..
I'm guessing it's easy to remove with a bit of force, but strong enough to last while painting?

I thought you were using Blu-Tack, so I bought some and it works rather well for basic paintwork, but it's not very stable and the pieces move around some.

It's easy to remove but strong enough while painting or make dry brush with a little care.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back