KI 61 Hien Hasegawa 1/32

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

This is the state of degradation where KI is. The fuselage is not ready yet.

KI61075.gif

KI61076.gif

Very nice!
Just a quick question from a rookie: What is that thing you've attached the small parts to when painting?
I could really use something like that! I really struggle when painting small stuff..

Now that is some really heavy chipping and it looks so good. It was also not unusual to see such heavy chipping on Japanese aircraft, one wonders what they used to prime the surface before paint spreaying.

Very nice!
Just a quick question from a rookie: What is that thing you've attached the small parts to when painting?
I could really use something like that! I really struggle when painting small stuff..

Sorry. What small parts are you talking?

Finally the requested material has arrived. Eduard mask...

KI61077.gif

PE with the Eduard seat belts...

KI61078.gif

KI61079.gif

and decals from Life Like. One thing I learned. Never start a model without having all the material. I have just discovered that the wings have a white band and the antenna will disappear. As I painted the model with the X-11 Tamiya do not know whether to use tape on it will not pull the paint. Let's see how it goes out.

You might try killing the tape by dragging it across a lint free towel before sticking it to the paint. This will take some of the adhesive away and you stand a better chance of leaving the wanted paint. This model is looking great!:thumbright:

Sorry. What small parts are you talking?

In the images on the first page you've attached all the cockpit interior stuff like the seat and such to some kind of rod stuck into a black thingy with holes in it..
Was curious as to how you made it stick to the rod?

At the moment I'm using some kind of sticky dough (not sure what it's called in english) to keep the parts in place when painting, but perhaps you've got something better?

Very nice work by the way, I'm very tempted to build this model myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back