KI 61 Hien Hasegawa 1/32

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ajcmac

Airman 1st Class
Aug 29, 2009
Vila Real
The model

KI61001.gif

The instruction sheet that says the model is black and natural metal.

KI61003.gif

Well, still undecided.
They sent me this picture and these plans.

KI61004.gif

KI61030.gif

Is it or is not black. Apparently he was appointed to the defense of Tokyo. Just in case I ask for a sheet of decals and a Eduard PE with seat bels and the Eduard mask. I'm waiting to arrive.

KI61032.gif

Meanwhile I started construction. I painted the interiors in brown (RLM 79).

KI61005.gif

KI61006.gif

KI61007.gif

KI61009.gif

KI61010.gif

KI61011.gif

KI61012.gif

KI61013.gif

KI61014.gif

KI61015.gif

KI61016.gif

Your Ki-61 should be in a Very Dark Green or Black-Green or a Dark Green, to my knowledge NO Japanese aircraft were painted BLACK, this is simply a wrong interpretation of B/W images.

I only use Tamiya paints. I had to do a lot of mixtures. In this case I used RLM 79 (XF-64: 3 XF-59: 7 XF-03: 1) Taking advantage of the mixture joined a few drops of XF-3 to light and a few drops of XF-64 to darken. These two very dilute mixtures.

KI61043.gif

KI61044.gif

After I painted a wash with bitumen of Judea. Then, and as I still have some Tamiya enamel colors, dry brush. I do not like to dry brush with acrylics.

In this case I used RLM 66. The procedure was the same but I added black and white.

Ju87D21.gif

Ju87D23.gif

Ju87D24.gif

Bitumen of Judea is a dark brown liquid which was formerly used to look like an old woods. Today it is used to give patinas. It can be seen in religious images.
I think that the Winsor Newton is in the range of its products and Vallejo has also jars with Bitumen of Judea.

betume-1.gif

betume.gif

Thanks for the info. So, let's see if I got this right:

You have 3 colours. One is the overall tone, one is slightly lighter and one is slightly darker. Paint the overall tone first, then do the wash (bitumen of Judea), then dry brush the darker tone in the shaded areas, then drybrush the highlights.

Is that correct?

Cockpit

First paint the color of the model.

Ju87D06.gif

Second paint with the lightest color at the center of the panels.
Third, the panel lines with a darker color.
After a wash with Bitumen of Judea and end dry brush.

Ju87D20.gif

Ju87D19.gif

Fuselage is almost the same.

First paint the color of the model.

Ju87D54.gif

Second paint with the lightest color at the center of the panels.

Ju87D56.gif

Third, the panel lines with a darker color.

Ju87D58.gif

Then a coat of Future, decals, another coat of Future and a wash with Bitumen of Judea.

Ju87D90.gif

Clean excess with a cloth soaked in "Water Spirit" and at the end a coat of matt varnish (still missing) .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back