Kit 3. P-47D Razorback.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

[SC] Arachnicus

Senior Airman
May 1, 2012
West Chester OH
P-47-72.jpg

I made surety get the landing gear angle right on this one, (thanks for the advice). Again, it's not perfect, but I'm happy with it. The painted lines on the canopy are cleaner then on my first one.

The next few planes I'm going to not paint the majority of it Aluminum. That color scratches so easily.

you've done a great job there

but did the kit instructions tell you to put that paint scheme on as it was from a P-47 N stationed near Okinawa in the pacific ?

The decals are not from this model, so I did not use the paint instructions for it. It's depicting a P-40 N from the 318thFg 333rdFs The plane is supposed to have a different pin up girl next to "2 Big and Too Heavy" but when you get decals for a different manufacture, you get fitting issues so I had to use the pin-up girl from the plane "They Satisfy" in it's place. Apparently on the other side has a second name "Short Snorter" with a second pin up girl. I have not put that on the other side of it because I was making sure it really had two names. It does so I will put it on.

noseart_photo.jpg
2bigand2heavy.jpg

Nice job. I like the pin-up girl! Larger picture(s)?

You have some nice builds going like them alot even ny last few have been clean with no weathering.Sometimes I get to the point I just want to build and produce for the cabinet I guess it might have something to do with 150-200 unbuilts awaiting(pressure :) )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back