L-39 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

pops-paolo

I will love England forever despite Euro 2020!
May 25, 2021
New Ansterdam
Has anyone here flown an L-39 I used to be my favorite jet as a kid
Or got some pictures

Has anyone here flown an L-39 I used to be my favorite jet as a kid
Or got some pictures

L39 Albatross? I have flown in them and maintained them. Crewed one at the Reno Air Races
1622741853377.png

That's me in the sunglasses

Last edited:
Air racing has been around for a long time. It was a lifelong dream of mine to get into it. In 2015 I was on a team where we has 2 jets, one took second in the gold division, the other took first in the silver division (my jet)
yo how are the ww2 warbird races

yo how are the ww2 warbird races
Pretty awesome! There's a lot of P 51s that are modified. There's something about the sound of their engines that attracts a lot of people. The Jets are faster and the jet noise is cool but some people think it sounds like a toilet flushing

any flying Italian planes ?
Someone brought a little Aermacchi jet the last year I was there. Compared to the rest of the field it wasn't very fast, the owner brought it more for show than anything else. I know of no Italian warbirds like fighters from World War II flying in the United States right now, the MB 339 Has been operated by a civilian test pilot school in Mojave California, those birds came from South Africa if I recall

Someone brought a little Aermacchi jet the last year I was there. Compared to the rest of the field it wasn't very fast, the owner brought it more for show than anything else. I know of no Italian warbirds like fighters from World War II flying in the United States right now, the MB 339 Has been operated by a civilian test pilot school in Mojave California, those birds came from South Africa if I recall
wait 10 years you will see them

wait 10 years you will see them

OK - why do you say that without knowing the rules and types of jets that race there???

Listen, the aviation world doesn't revolve around everything Italian. Italy makes some really good aviation products and a few that really suck!!! Your east coast Italian bias really shows!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back