'Langnasen Dora' Fw 190D-9's

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Gave the lass a wee scrub!

IMG_20170429_174220.jpg

Think that I'll do Clemens Schmoll's (6./JG301) and his Dora, Red 13, Wk. Nr. 210913, with my JV44 Dora in 1/32.
That JG26 'White 13' is bl**dy tempting, but so are those from JG54! Maybe need to get another two Doras! :oops: :lol:

Maybe something like this:

View attachment 200109

The left hand side is the style I feel you'd likely see on a III./JG 301 a/c; although the '3' could still use some work in the middle to be more like the DML/Dragon Ta 152H style, but generally, its close... Maybe you should do a '13' from all Jagdgeschwadern who operated noteworthy numbers of the D-9??? ;)

With the Wk. Nr. 210913, does it have a 3, or a 5 piece gun cowling, maybe worth swapping the radiator cowling and cockpit as well, to either Aires or Eagle Editions, which ever is best.. :lol:

Most likely had the 5-piece cowling with round side bulges (most 2109xx series machines seemed to be factory fitted with these) - as for Canopy type, probably the blown type, but the early flat type would not be unheard of...

Just to keep myself straight....:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back