Lavochkin La-5fn

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Jgonzalez

Airman 1st Class
Sep 30, 2007
Barranquilla, Colombia
Here's my finished model of Svezda's Lavochkin La-5fn. The model is out-af-the-box, except for the seatbelts and a strip of Pe arround the engine. The model is very good, except for some fit issues on the wings and canopies. Any critics (constructive) are welcome.

IMG_1424.jpg

IMG_1462.jpg

IMG_1466.jpg

IMG_1465.jpg

trabajola5fndd8.jpg

Agree with all here.:D However the wooden ladder would be better.

Here's my finished model of Svezda's Lavochkin La-5fn. The model is out-af-the-box, except for the seatbelts and a strip of Pe arround the engine. The model is very good, except for some fit issues on the wings and canopies. Any critics (constructive) are welcome.

Que bueno, hombre! Me gustan los aviones sovieticos, especialmente de la Segunda Guerra Mundial.

Venganza

I liike it! Very well done, especially the exhaust and gun stains. I agree with Wurger about the ladder though - could do with being just a bit thinner perhaps.

Nice job you made of a great kit but not the sort you would give to your 10 year old cousin!!
Like the paint chipping on the roots

You beat me to it. Just about half way through my Zveda. Tell me did all the cannons fit under the upper cowling?

La5FNFuselagewith20mmcannons.jpg

P1180083.jpg

Spent 30 min looking for the control column in the vacuum claener bag ...... had to scratch build one in the end.

La5FNCockpitcloseup.jpg

I think it's a great model and extremely well produced. Detail is very good with room for additions and the parts fit well (so far). Someone on another forum suggested that it might be model of the year??? Also it certainly doesn't hit the pocket at £12.00. Only thing lacking would be an accurate instrument decal,

An interesting way of showing the inner structure of the plane.Keep working on backtothewind .:D

They have a saying in Russia ...........

............ "you wait all year for a Lavochkin, then two come along together!!"

Backtothewind, very nice detailing you have there!! Eduard have a PE set of details for this bird. Beware of the wing root and fuselage fit, as you can see on those pics, I couldn't avoid the gap... maybe when I build her again... I just bought another one, the model is in sale at squadron, the box will go right to the waiting_to_be_built stack for a while, enough lavochkin for now... I think she's ok for display at my office collection shelves. She's my 8th model now, so I guess there's still a lot to learn... Pleace keep posting pics!!!!

Wugner I'm modifing the ladder (that was taken from my scrap box) to simulate a wooden one. I've never done wood, so here's a good oportunity to learn. thanks for the observation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back