Les, you have to see this!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Great one dude.... Its just like I tell everyone... No matter where u go, or what the rules, fighting on the ice brings fans up on their feet... The love to see it, and this clip proves it again....

I love seeing Euros fighting on the ice.... It hardly ever happens in the Czech League, so that clip is a good one....

lesofprimus said:
It hardly ever happens in the Czech League

In fact, we have a coupla fights per season... Probably the most known fighetr of Czech origin is (also an NHL experincee) a goalie Roman Cechmanek.
cechmanek-SS.JPG

But you're right, Europeans play more technical hockey. I'm doubtful the clip comes from Europe. Quebec?....

I actually don't like fighting when I play (played) hockey - it disrupts my chain of thought :evil4:

Someone pisses me off I just wait for them to go by me and punch em in the back of the head - it's really fun to do that when they're standing in front of their own goalie! :evil4:

Pisis said:
But you're right, Europeans play more technical hockey. I'm doubtful the clip comes from Europe. Quebec?....

That's right, I recognize the accent... That's from Québec.

It happened in a league that is famous for its fights : the "Ligue Nord-Américaine de Hockey" (LNAH). The league was renamed a few years ago. Before that, it was called the "Ligue Semi-Pro"... In English it would give something like : "Half-Pro League".

I could not recognize both teams, but one of them is the Tedford Mines' Prolab (white shirts).

The other team (red shirt) may be either the Québec City's Radio-X or the St-Georges' Garaga.

I thought that clip was Czech in origin... Damn....

Man Joe, I loved nailing little pussies like u with those sneaky little cheapshots the refs dont see....
I actually don't like fighting when I play (played) hockey - it disrupts my chain of thought
Man, I lived for it, and I would still today if they still played the way I grew up with... Old Time Hockey....

lesofprimus said:
Man Joe, I loved nailing little pussies like u with those sneaky little cheapshots the refs dont see....
That's why I skated around with my stick at sholder level! :evil4: :twisted:

Not a bragdacious thing though - I was fast - very fast, it kept me alive when I was around big guys like you!! ;)

I allways hated agressive guys like you when I played (I never played much)... All these rippings, stickings... But I was pretty agressive, too. But a goalie has to in order to keep his area clear. Well, my idol was Roman Cechmanek. And Hašek. And Hnilicka. I got them signed all. I'll try to find it and post it.

Maestro said:
Pisis said:

That's right, I recognize the accent... That's from Québec.

I was thinking between Quebéc and some Sweden/Finland. They speak very similar

so I didn't find any of the signatures (I have Cechmanek, Dopita, Hnilicka, Jagr, Rucinsky, Theiren) but what I found during the seeking is this. I thought I have to share it with us. I completely forgot that I did something like this...

I have about 5 very thick notebooks totally filled with newspaper cutouts about ice hockey, especially the goaltenders.

I also found my sketches of goalies. I did those when I was max. 10 years okd - and I think for a 10yo kid it's pretty nice.

I also scanned my goalies trade cards collection (30+ Mike Richter). I have also a big collection of NHL New York Rangers (cca 500+ cards) and misc (cca other more 500+ cards)...

Attachments

• brodeur_743.jpg
    brodeur_743.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 302
  • cechmanek_201.jpg
    cechmanek_201.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 287
  • cujo_richter_419.jpg
    cujo_richter_419.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 299
  • halifax_997.jpg
    halifax_997.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 282
  • healy_107.jpg
    healy_107.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 296
  • hirsch_107.jpg
    hirsch_107.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 293
  • hnilicka_106.jpg
    hnilicka_106.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 290
  • hrivnak_662.jpg
    hrivnak_662.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 291
  • kidd_109.jpg
    kidd_109.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 297
  • kolzig_135.jpg
    kolzig_135.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 291
  • mclean_101.jpg
    mclean_101.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 301
  • osgood_588.jpg
    osgood_588.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 297
  • schistad_118.jpg
    schistad_118.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 303
  • richter_face_109.jpg
    richter_face_109.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 320
  • richter_usa_179.jpg
    richter_usa_179.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 311
NooteBook, Drawings, Cards...

Attachments

• karticky6_142.jpg
    karticky6_142.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 282
  • karticky5_110.jpg
    karticky5_110.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 278
  • karticky4_145.jpg
    karticky4_145.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 279
  • karticky3_168.jpg
    karticky3_168.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 279
  • karticky2_191.jpg
    karticky2_191.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 292
  • karticky1_821.jpg
    karticky1_821.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 289
  • znaky_735.jpg
    znaky_735.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 291
  • richter_nyr_230.jpg
    richter_nyr_230.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 335
  • blocek_472.jpg
    blocek_472.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 290
Here is my first drawing of a Goalie. He is called Richard and plays for USA.

Attachments

• kulis_brankar_vykres_152.jpg
    kulis_brankar_vykres_152.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 239
the lancaster kicks ass said:
and that's one crazy fight, anyone got anymore info about what it was about?

Well, it looks like a "revenge fight" that went into a general melee. If you look carefully, you see at the start of the video (top-center screen) that one of the red shirts started a fight with a Prolab player... Without any logical reasons.

"Semi-Pro" is like this... Generally, there is at least one fight by games. Some fights are bigger than others.

Just one question why not larup each other with the hockey sticks I saw the guy cop one across the jugular and that seemed to work quite well he pumped out half a pint in 2 seconds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back