Lindberg 1:72 scale Arado 234 & 1:72 scale Frog Heinkel 162

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Bustedwing

Tech Sergeant
Dec 6, 2005
North Delta BC
There's a Face Plant page called " Luft 46" that I have been checking out. I had no idea there were so many kits available to build planes that only ever existed on paper. Some of them are just plain ridiculous ! Triebflügel ? Haunebu flying saucer ? I mean come on ! Well as a diversion I decided to use these two reasonably lame kits and try and build a Mistel out of them instead of ignoring them for another 20 years. Also put them to good use trying out acrylic paints. This isn't going to be a dedicated build, just something I'll fart around with on the side but I'll post pictures as I go along.

Well I got to making some parts for this build. The little tooth things are the balance weights for the elevators and rudder and the wheels will be for the launching dolly. I've found this great product called " Smooth On". It's a 2 part rubber mold and a two part liquid plastic. The nice thing about it is it has no odor like resin does. The mold rubber dries over night and the the liquid plastic sets up in about 10 minuits. Once again problems posting pictures. The first picture is sideways. Why some do this and some don't is beyond me !

Da bomb ! Well less a couple hundred grape sized rivets and garden hose sized panel lines. Plus, hard points for the take off dolly and piggy back brackets, balance weights for the elevators and rudder. Flaps removed and posed down, as are the elevators and rudder re posed. Why I do this I don't know but it just seems to give the model a more dynamic look when sitting on the ground . I also made inlet cones for the jets, the kit ones were........well Lindberg. Also some slightly more convincing bomb racks . The dink on the front is the very rear glass from an Airfix Bv 141 I did several years ago. Going to try using acrylics on it as an experiment. If interested, here's a link outlining what paints Testors will no longer have available as they are being phased out by the company that bought them out. I'm choked, I swear by the stuff ! RM280040_0914_ModelMaster_IntMilitary_FigureEnamelPaints.ashx

Oh here we go. Playing with mystery slime. I have to say this stuff is great so far. It's pretty much odour free and won't turn you into Gary Busey with fumes and it cleans up with alcohol or soap and water. The kit comes with a spray bomb of mold release which is sprayed on the plug before pouring in the mystery slime. Also once your ready to cast, spray the inside of the mold. I used the wheels from my Me 323 kit which I haven't built yet pending a go ahead from the War Dept. on an addition to the man cave. They will be the wheels for the launching dolly.

Users who are viewing this thread