Lockheed L14 Electra (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

deckape

Staff Sergeant
Jul 26, 2011
Moraine Ohio U.S.A.
ahoy
Here is another of one my vast collections this is the civilian brother of the Hudson Bomber the model L14 Electra this is a card model scale 1/33

Attachments

• PICT0001.JPG
    PICT0001.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 121
  • PICT0002.JPG
    PICT0002.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 111
  • PICT0003.JPG
    PICT0003.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 125
  • PICT0004.JPG
    PICT0004.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 128
  • PICT0005.JPG
    PICT0005.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 110
  • PICT0006.JPG
    PICT0006.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 119
  • PICT0007.JPG
    PICT0007.JPG
    31.5 KB · Views: 111
  • PICT0008.JPG
    PICT0008.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 112
  • PICT0009.JPG
    PICT0009.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 124
  • PICT0010.JPG
    PICT0010.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 112
  • PICT0011.JPG
    PICT0011.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 110
  • PICT0012.JPG
    PICT0012.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 148
Deckape,

These paper kits you put together are incredible! I am amazed they are not plastic.

Couple questions:
1. How would you compare the skill requirement compared to a plastic kit?
2. Where do you get them? I've googled my butt off, but can't seem to find any of the quality that you have. Are yours scratch?

Thanks,

Jon

Ahoy Jon
Thanks for your reply, Card models have been around for centurys, once they were very popular here in the USA until the event of plastic and balsawood kits. Then card modeling has vanished and still being used in all of Europe even to today.Compared to plastic kits they have their own method of construction, most kits are in Polish but the directions are some in english by line codes. The secret of papermodeling is the printing without porinting the kit would be taken away fvrom its Beauty looking to bland I build them scratch as well useing the same method of construction as card kit designs in general. You find card kits on the internet, by googleing model kartonwoy downloads, there are hbundreds of kits you can download if you have orinter friendly download it off your computor once you make your downloads. By doing this it will cost you nothing. there are also two other scources to get card models Paper Model Store and ECardmodels.com Shop they have a vast selection of card kits. I like card kits for two reasons First is that I can efford plastic anymore to expensive. same with balsawood kits. with the economy today these are known as a luxery hobby for those who can efford them almost like the seperation of wealth. the pyrimid I am at the base and the plastic fellows are at the top.second reason is that they are far cheaper then that of plastic 90 percent of them are free.and they build just as good as plastic. I have a vast collection of plastic kits I built through out the the decades I will post some later here. Jon I hoped I answered your question Not trying to shove paper down everyones throat I like paper kits.

Boats

Boats,

I'm going to give one a try, at 40 I'd like to think I'm a young buck still, but I want to try as much as possible before my days are done.

You do a fantastic job on these kits and I didn't understand at first that they were card stock until after you had posted a few.

Thank you,

Jon

Ahoy Jon
You wont regret it once finished your family and friends will not believe their eyes its paper.you need any help pm me and I will help you all I can. Thanks for your reply.

boats:D:D:D:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back