Looking for a Hawker tempest!

Discussion in 'Modeling' started by Robbbie1984, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Robbbie1984

Robbbie1984 Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hey,
    I'm looking to build a 1/48 Hawker Tempest but struggling to find a kit. I know Eduard did a limited edition run on their kit and would be my preferred choice of build. Does anyone know where I would find a kit as struggled to find so far?

Many thanks!

2. Wurger

Wurger Siggy Master
    Staff Member Administrator

A retired military Navigator/ATC, FIS controller
    Ratings:
    +4,886 / 2 / -1
  3. Airframes

Airframes Benevolens Magister

Retired
    Ratings:
    +2,517 / 0 / -3
    One of those which is so popular, they sell out immediately - but not popular enough for a main stream manufacturer to do!!!
    I saw a couple on e-bay over the weekend, but no doubt they'll go for silly prices (a 1/48th Defiant I bid on went for £72 yesterday!!).
    The only other kit was the old Esci example, on which the Eduard was originally based, although vastly improved, but again, they are hard to find. I managed to get one from King Kit a couple of years back for a very low price - but I've checked, and they don't have either at the moment.
    I guess it's pray that Eduard re-issue it, or another company release one, and meanwhile, keep checking the outlets such as King Kit, Kit Krazy, and e-bay.

4. Robbbie1984

Robbbie1984 Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I've tried a place local time in Birmingham who are quite helpful and have said they'll try and find one but I'll have a look at those too! Yeah, it's very strange as its an amazing aircraft and I can always imagine popular among builders!

5. Crimea_River

Crimea_River Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,185 / 4 / -2
    If you're patient, it's possible Eduard will produce it again. They've done it before with this kit. Keep checking their future releases newsletter on their website.