Looking for a Hawker tempest!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Robbbie1984

Airman
Nov 25, 2012
Hey,
I'm looking to build a 1/48 Hawker Tempest but struggling to find a kit. I know Eduard did a limited edition run on their kit and would be my preferred choice of build. Does anyone know where I would find a kit as struggled to find so far?

Many thanks!

One of those which is so popular, they sell out immediately - but not popular enough for a main stream manufacturer to do!!!
I saw a couple on e-bay over the weekend, but no doubt they'll go for silly prices (a 1/48th Defiant I bid on went for £72 yesterday!!).
The only other kit was the old Esci example, on which the Eduard was originally based, although vastly improved, but again, they are hard to find. I managed to get one from King Kit a couple of years back for a very low price - but I've checked, and they don't have either at the moment.
I guess it's pray that Eduard re-issue it, or another company release one, and meanwhile, keep checking the outlets such as King Kit, Kit Krazy, and e-bay.

I've tried a place local time in Birmingham who are quite helpful and have said they'll try and find one but I'll have a look at those too! Yeah, it's very strange as its an amazing aircraft and I can always imagine popular among builders!

If you're patient, it's possible Eduard will produce it again. They've done it before with this kit. Keep checking their future releases newsletter on their website.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back