LSSAH Tiger I #1313 early version.....(Academy 1/35)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
Aug 21, 2006
In my castle....
Well, seeing this with Academy's 1/35 early version Tiger I with interior is under 30 camels, I find it extremely hard not to get one and do this tank.... Rumours also say that it's one of the best Tiger I kits in the '35 scale, true?

Here's a link to see the kit as well, wish that all online hobby shops did this! Academy 1348 Tiger 1 early version

Also, can you get the decals for this one, or is it a question of pick and mix?
Yeah, yeah......I've noticed that it's says Zitadelle! :evil: :( :oops: :lol:

Attachments

• LSSAH%20Tiger%20I.jpg
    LSSAH%20Tiger%20I.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 1,201
It's supposed to be a cracking kit Jan old chap. I read a build review and detailing article only a few days ago, which generally praised the kit overall. There were a few comments on the positioning of some of the interior fittings etc, and their shape/size and so on, but heh!, there are restrictions in moulding techniques, and unless the hull and turret top are removed, the bl**dy stuff can't be seen anyway.
As for the decals, there should be genreic Panzer numbers and unit markings available - seen a few, but wasn't really looking for them.
Fancy doing a 1/35th mid-production Tige 1 in Normandy, but the only available kit at the moment is around £30 (I think either HB or Academy), which is more than I want to pay, when early and late versions can be found at nearly half the price, good enough to add detail to.

Techmod 1/35 AFV sheet 35008 for Early production Tigers has 13 31 on it so simply reverse the 31 and you are in business.:D

True young man, just found it! Not a Nordland or Wiking, but still a 1313.....

Attachments

• TM35008.jpg
    TM35008.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 388
Found one picture captioned as 13 13 but the number is very indistinct...picture rather ordinary...
the caption states..

'shortly after Operation 'Citadel' the company (9/SS Panzer-Regiment) recieved 8 Tigers from 13/SS Panzer-Regiment 1, Tiger 13 13 is inspected by it's new owners.'

The next caption states
"A short while later Tiger 13 13 was magically transformed into Tiger 933 of SS-Unterscharfuehrer Lachner"

Looking further Jan...

Sure is! looking forward to seeing it under way. But you have to be a good boy, and finish your GB entries, and all the other un-finished models, before you're allowed to touch this. Otherwise it's off to bed, without any Guinness - or Judies !!

Ahhhh - there's just nothing like a brand new box of fresh plastic!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back