Luftwaffe Airfield equipment

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

This is great! I am looking for such photo's because I'm preparing for one diorama.
Thanks for sharing.

JHMiller.jpg
lkwcisternaWL331487inNorwegen_Baydeww2.jpg
KFZ385.jpg
wl_tlf25.jpg
ref1.jpg
:)

Last edited by a moderator:
file1.jpg
Me163.jpg
He111.jpg
Hs129.jpg
Ju88.jpg
t2.jpg
Ju88A5.jpg
Ju88A.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Attachments

• kran.jpg
    kran.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 521
  • me109%20armi%20luftwaffe%20gru.jpg
    me109%20armi%20luftwaffe%20gru.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 414
  • luftwaffe%20gru%20crain.jpg
    luftwaffe%20gru%20crain.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 472
  • luftwaffe%20gru.jpg
    luftwaffe%20gru.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 514
Piet, those are some really cool photos...Thanks! I was wondering the same thing about the tilting truck beds, VB.

I'm curious to about the small tracked vehicles; are some of them commandeered Bren Carriers?

Regards, Derek

Last edited:
In post #27, pic #2, what was the purpose of the truck being able to tilt the rear area? I've never seen that before.

I was thinking the same thing,maybe a..... dump truck/garbage truck?

piet

Hi derek
You are correct
post 24 pic 3= bren carrier
post 24 pic 5,7,8= Rennault type UA ammo carrier'
post 24 pic 6= pzkpfw I

They are all 1/35 scale out there if you dont mind the scale size ....i dont:p

piet

Some nice pics there Piet. Note that the first shot in the 'Fuel Trucks' group is , of course, a civilain truck, impressed into service on either Guernsey or Jersey,(can't remember which!) Channel Islands. And the second from last is a Crash truck, as is one in the final group. The former is, I think, a Bussing, whilst the latter appears to be an Opel.
The truck with its bed at an angle is simply a 'side tipper', used to off-load in one go to the side, instead of a heap behind, and would commonly be used, for example, for dropping road building hardcore etc.

AHA 'side tipper' thanks:p
piet

Another quick question; in post #27 and pic #4 where they are attaching the RATO pods..is that a Me323 Gigant?
I thought it was when i first saw but the landing gear that was visible seemd off; I thought they had a half dozen or more wheels in close proximity.

Derek

Last edited:
Nice pics paul. Not sure, but the one of the He111 might be at Aalborg, Denmark. Wonder what the ceremony in the hangar is? Very interesting shot of some formal occassion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back