Luftwaffe Airfield equipment

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice pics paul. Not sure, but the one of the He111 might be at Aalborg, Denmark. Wonder what the ceremony in the hangar is? Very interesting shot of some formal occassion.

Thanks Terry, Hopfully they will help for some one making a Diarama.

BvT Rettungsboje Kanal Cherbourg00.jpg
BvT Rettungsboje Kanal Cherbourg_1.jpg
BvT Rettungsboje Kanal Cherbourg_2.jpg
BvT Rettungsboje Kanal Cherbourg_3.jpg
BvT Rettungsboje Kanal Cherbourg_4.jpg
BvT Rettungsboje Kanal Cherbourg_12.jpg
This will make an unique model

Luftwaffe rescue buoy
Link to "The German Rescue Buoy" from Tactical and Technical Trends The German Rescue Buoy, WWII Tactical and Technical Trends, No. 12, November 19, 1942 (Lone Sentry)

Last edited by a moderator:
Another quick question; in post #27 and pic #4 where they are attaching the RATO pods..is that a Me323 Gigant?
I thought it was when i first saw but the landing gear that was visible seemd off; I thought they had a half dozen or more wheels in close proximity.

Derek

Sorry Derek, just noticed your question. It's the Me 321 (Me 323 without the engines). They only had 2 main wheels.

Very cool post Snautzer01!

Clipboard01.jpg
The allied version

(see pdf for better res.)

Attachments

• 1941 - 1780.pdf
    285.4 KB · Views: 389
Thanks for that answer VB; So that would mean this Me 321 likely had two (or more?) medium bombers towing it down the strip .........and since that wasn't tricky enough someone decided to attach liquid fueled rockets to the wings????

I have a lot of respect for German engineering but this sounds more like an invention of Wile E Coyote......can you see the wooden crates with "ACME Rockets" written on the side in that picture?
Thanks
Derek

Clipboard01.jpg
Thanks for that answer VB; So that would mean this Me 321 likely had two (or more?) medium bombers towing it down the strip .........and since that wasn't tricky enough someone decided to attach liquid fueled rockets to the wings????

I have a lot of respect for German engineering but this sounds more like an invention of Wile E Coyote......can you see the wooden crates with "ACME Rockets" written on the side in that picture?
Thanks
Derek

German engineers had a lot of humour. Thee fighter planes or two bombers with a kind of rato. Must have been great fun to start.

see in vid at 24.41 http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1127323779221251601#

Well many thanks for letting us use it nacehtjager. I am not sure if its one I posted or some one else but if you point out which one it is I can add proper credit. I wonder if people would be interested if I could find some more on this old post as well?

All the best Paul

This is my German WW II Luftwaffe Ladewagen LWC 500/IX bomb loader.

Attachments

• 20200311_170904.jpg
    20200311_170904.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 79
IMHO neither the Albion nor Morris but soviet ZIS-5 or ZIS-5V with the wooden driver's cabin.

d0ce_1a.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back