Luftwaffe - squadron/wing numbers question

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

BikerBabe

Senior Master Sergeant
May 21, 2009
Denmark.
www.bmwmc.dk
Hi guys and girls.

Alright, I've yet again googled myself to pieces here, I'm working on translating a german ace interview into danish, and I need to get things right, so now I've got to ask:

How many planes did a Luftwaffe bomber wing consist of?
How many planes did a Luftwaffe bomber squadron consist of?

I do know that a wing was made of a certain number of squadrons, but the finer maths in this particular equation eludes me, hence this question.

In advance thanks, laides and gents.

Cheers,

Maria.

From Wikipedia:

An air force, army aviation or naval aviation squadron typically consists of three or four flights, with a total of 12 to 24 aircraft, depending on aircraft type and air force.
In the Imperial Japanese Army in the Second World War, three air squadrons were assigned to each air regiment.
Some air forces (including the Royal Air Force and United States Air Force) also use the term for air force ground units. Multiple squadrons (typically three to ten) make up a wing.
An escadron is the equivalent unit in France's Armée de l'Air (with an as a subsection of an escadron) and Canada's air force.
In the Air Training Corps of the United Kingdom, a Squadron is a group of cadets who parade regularly.
In the Civil Air Patrol, a squadron is the basic administrative unit.

Ok,
from the first post I understood that you asked for plane numbers of luftwaffe squadron/wing

Max

Okay, my bad, sorry guys - I prolly should've explained myself better on this subject.
Will do the next time I ask around in here, then.
Thanks for the feedback, it's good to know. :thumbleft:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back