Lysander?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Civettone

Tech Sergeant
a Macchi M.C.202 and a Lysander? It looks like a low wing Lysander?
Macchi MC-202 Folgore 005.jpg

1654713932181.png

The Lysander canopy was clear throughout, and this is not unless it was painted.

1654714316337.png

The Tail trailing edge of the rudder as it goes down looks like it flares out backwards which I don't see in the pics I'm looking at.

Top of the rear fuselage looks like it slopes back towards the tail and I don't see any stretchered fabric

However the tail fin does look very close to one and you can almost make out the wing brackets on the top of the canopy (unless my eyes are deceiving me)

Maybe it just a low resolution photo playing tricks.

I agree with you guys about the canopy. But what if there was a partial hulk in front of the Lysander shaped like this:

Capture.JPG

On the Lysander picture vikingBerserker posted (#8) , there's small airfoil shapes on the cowling. The wreck's cowling is smooth. Did Lizzies have that as a common variation between marks?

Last edited:
Perhaps the skin of the aircraft torn off?

It almost looks like a small landing gear/engine nacelle laying on its side but what the heck is supporting it?

EDIT: I think it is missing skin. If you look at the drawing in #7 it follows the internal structure.

Attachments

• 1654717552354.png
    1654717552354.png
    197.2 KB · Views: 22
That's what I said in post #3. Let's take it a step further. If this is a bone yard, then maybe its a Lysander tail section, an XXXX center section, and a YYYY engine/cowl in front of a ZZZZZ nacelle on its side.

Perhaps the OP can give us a source for the picture (he should have done that anyway) with any known details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back