M60 Machine Gun: Newfound Respect

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

i beg to differ, we insult each other all the time, the difference being i don't have to drown my sorrows in some purple liquid :?:

:lol: It has been known to happen. Lanc has even accused my duplicate postings being directly related to imbibing in purple liquid.

Close!

You know something DerAdler, I wonder if it's the M60's foregrip that causes the problems, by acting as an insulator?

I thought the M240's M60-alike foregrip was a great idea (comfy!), but now I'm not so sure...

I've noticed that Yank support weapons have always had ergonomic foregrips when compared to other nations, e.g BAR (Foregrip) - Bren, MG42 (No foregrip). M60, M240 (Foregrip) - FN MAG (No foregrip).

meant left out overnight in -40, iced up and everything.

ANY knobber that leaves their weapon out in that and then expects to go bang bang and hope like heck for another bang, had better be on another unit than me.

Cause if the enemy don't kill the Maroon, we will for stuffing up.

People die from a lack of reality. Balistics are only good when they are big and outgoing.

You know something DerAdler, I wonder if it's the M60's foregrip that causes the problems, by acting as an insulator?

I thought the M240's M60-alike foregrip was a great idea (comfy!), but now I'm not so sure...

I've noticed that Yank support weapons have always had ergonomic foregrips when compared to other nations, e.g BAR (Foregrip) - Bren, MG42 (No foregrip). M60, M240 (Foregrip) - FN MAG (No foregrip).

Our M-60s did not have a foregrip.

I was a unit armorer in the 82nd Abn back in '79, I wasn't too impressed with the m60s we had. We got a few new ones in, and in less than 1000 rounds the rivets went out of the recievers, and they had to go in for depot maintenance to get that fixed (beyond our company armorer capabilities). That didn't make me all warm and fuzzy.

I never had any problem with my modified for Aircraft use M60D. It performed great and over 6 years I fired 10s of thousands of rounds out of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back