Man vs Wild... Bear is a Jackass

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

comiso90

Senior Master Sergeant
Dec 19, 2006
FL

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UpSlpvb1is

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acYExF4RRqE

Man vs Wild... a survival show

The show is great... I love it but why do they have to make the guy appear as if he is coming up with all those survival ideas himself? Why are we led to believe that he is facing real danger at every turn?... we know why.. because it sells..

in reality, he's just someone on a camping trip being followed by a camera crew.
I'd bet a months pay that a pre-production team will visit a location ahead of him and map out all the resources in the area and pass along any knowledge of the flora and fauna and location of resources.

Survivorman les stroud seems have a more honest approach.

I'ts actually a fun show but they position the host as the ultimate survival expert with encyclopedic knowledge... I'm sure his knowledge is more substantial than most and he is a good athlete but he's just a dude on a hike with a team of camera men and biology experts in tow.

You could argue that much of the show is an outright hoax and grossly oversimplifies survival in austere environments,

Survivorman les stroud seems have a more honest approach.
I agree Les is a bit more on his own...I survived a number of survival
courses in the Marines and I would like to see them both at Pickle Meadows.
And don't get me started on 'Survivor Island'.....Christ! I saw a show
done in the UK where the put a bunch of folkes on an island somewhere
off the coast and left em there for a year....Or some of the PBS
specials like Victoria House, etc...Why didn't they have these when
I was still full of spit and vineager?

I have plenty of respect for his time in the SAS and climbing Everest. I'd enjoy the show just as much if he said.. "this is how you float down a river but in the interest of safety, I'll have a life jacket on"... there is no need to portray him as a uber stud and lie for the sake of drama.

I live close to where that episode was filmed..

I've backpacked in that area dozens of times (7 -12 trips)..

I NEVER saw a rabbit like that and there are NO wild horses there

Thanks for the laugh... that is one of my favorites!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back