Manuals People are looking for

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Seeking Technical Orders for Curtiss Electric Prop brush boxes (mine are for P-40 but I can guess that basic instructions are common to the variations).
I think that the basic checks might be in flight line maintenance instructions- inspect replace brushes, cleaning, assembly screw torque, electrical resistance brush to pin, defect limits.
Or, these might only be in the depot level TO? I'm hoping someone has these.

Does anyone have the following?

Screenshot_20220309-145434_eBay.jpg

Advertised on Ebay for nearly $60.00...on CD!

1945 CONSOLIDATED B-24N SINGLE TAIL LIBERATOR BOMBER PILOTS FLIGHT MANUAL

I'm looking for a copy of AP1565J/P/L Volume II, which is the Spitfire IX/XI/XVI unit repair manual.

In addition, if anyone could point me towards any drawings of the Spitfire IX gun bays and gun mountings I'd be very grateful.

[....]

In addition, if anyone could point me towards any drawings of the Spitfire IX gun bays and gun mountings I'd be very grateful.
I don't have detailed drawings, but maybe some images from the book "Dutch Spitfires A Technical Study" are of some use to you:

Attachments

• Dutch Spitfires A Technical Study  (1).jpg
    Dutch Spitfires A Technical Study (1).jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 48
  • Dutch Spitfires A Technical Study  (2).jpg
    Dutch Spitfires A Technical Study (2).jpg
    477.4 KB · Views: 48
  • Dutch Spitfires A Technical Study  (3).jpg
    Dutch Spitfires A Technical Study (3).jpg
    470.3 KB · Views: 45
  • Dutch Spitfires A Technical Study  (4).jpg
    Dutch Spitfires A Technical Study (4).jpg
    454.1 KB · Views: 48

Attachments

• Pilot's and Flight Engineer's Notes Halifax III & VII.pdf
    6.1 MB · Views: 56
I don't have detailed drawings, but maybe some images from the book "Dutch Spitfires A Technical Study" are of some use to you:
Thanks very much for these, they're a great starting point and much appreciated.

The descriptive or erection and maintenance manual (Vol I in RAF terminology and -2 in US terminology) is all about basic maintenance and assembly. How the systems work so you can trouble shoot them, what lubricants to use and where, what fuel/oil/etc to add and where to put them, how to change wheels, brakes and engines and stuff like that. Wiring and plumbing diagrams, etc. Early Vol 1's included the pilots notes but later those became a separate document AP nnnnX-PN where the nnnn is the AP series number and X the model(s) letter. In the US system that manual is the -1

The repair manual (Vol II Part 3 in the RAF and -3 in US) is how to fix the aircraft when the airframe driver has landed with the gear up or it has been shot full of holes or been bent out of shape by the pilot exceeding the G limits. What the chart does not show is that some aircraft, like the Spitfire, had a unit repair manual for repairs that could be carried out basically on site and a major repair manual. I have a partial AP1565 Vol II Part 4 for the early Spitfires but not the much later AP 1565J/P/L Part 3 that Skewgear is chasing
1672545682564.png

Attached are charts showing the RAF system applicable in WW2 (with a comment on the post 1948 system) and part of a booklet on the US system.
1672544922347.png

1672545072310.png

Attachments

• An Explanation of TOs OCR..pdf
    1 MB · Views: 38
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back