Marcel's photo's

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Some pictures from the polder here.
20210427_0008.jpg
20210427_0017.jpg
20210427_0025.jpg
20210501_0036.jpg
20210513_0054.jpg

It was great weather, and this deskjockey had to get off his lazy butt and use his muscles again. So I did my 2 hour walk through the polder.

This is the Hania sluis (=lock). This was build in 1798. It was meant to let water go from the land at low tide and would be closed at high tide, so the land would not be flooded. Later in 1927 they changed the water outside of the lock also into land, making this slot unusable. So they removed the doors. The construction however is still there, although hanging by a thread as you can see. The sun was quite hash today, which made the contrast too harsh as well. But that's great in B&W, so that's what I turned this photo into. Looks a bit like a WW2 era photo, doesn't it?
20210606_0008.jpg

Poppy in the polder...
20210606_0009.jpg

A blue Heron, I liked the mirroring in the water.
20210606_0042.jpg

Last edited:
Been to Amsterdam many times. A beautiful city.
You know, we Dutch have a love-hate relationship with the city. I usually tend to say that if you've not been outside Amsterdam, you haven't really been in The Netherlands. Other cities like Delft, Leiden and Utrecht might not have the same international appeal as compared to Amsterdam, but I do believe they are at least as beautiful as the great city.

You know, we Dutch have a love-hate relationship with the city. I usually tend to say that if you've not been outside Amsterdam, you haven't really been in The Netherlands. Other cities like Delft, Leiden and Utrecht might not have the same international appeal as compared to Amsterdam, but I do believe they are at least as beautiful as the great city.

In my 27 years in Europe I have been fortunate enough to travel throughout the Netherlands. Beautiful country and wonderful people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back