Martin JRM Mars (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

GLENN MARTIN JRM MARS FLYING BOAT

View attachment 684541

Comparing the size of the cockpit glass to the rest of the plane gives you a sense of what a beast these things were! Taxiing one must have felt like driving a King Ranch F-350 Super Duty in downtown traffic with pieces of anatomy being cinched tighter than the seatbelt.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Comparing the size of the cockpit glass to the rest of the plane gives you a sense of what a beast these things were! Taxiing one must have felt like driving a King Ranch F-350 Super Duty in downtown traffic with pieces of anatomy being cinched tighter than the seatbelt.
The flight deck of the Mars is impressive.
Two ways in: spiral staircase from below or through the entry from the upper deck.
Behind the pilot's seat is the navigator's station with a plotting table and such, beyond that is thw radio operator's station.
Behind the co-pilot is the engineers's station and none of the flight deck is cramped, plenty of room to move about.

Prototype Mars

1662970137397.png

Hahahahaha...you guys. That prototype looks an awful like a Sunderland and the other a Sikorsky product maybe...
It is actually 1 of 3 Martin 130 Flying Boats built for Pan Am, this one named the China Clipper
Blush... wrong pic.....that is what you get if one is evil chuckling at todays news in the ukr.

No worries it happens to all of us if we care to admit it or not! I thought it was funny if intended to be so or not.

Martin JRM Mars Flying Boat Interior

View attachment 703280

This picture was "posed", which is OK but obvious. I wear glasses and you CANNOT sleep in them without bending/breaking them totally, followed by awakening, subsequently followed by a stream of invective.

This picture was "posed", which is OK but obvious. I wear glasses and you CANNOT sleep in them without bending/breaking them totally, followed by awakening, subsequently followed by a stream of invective.
I've worn glasses for the last 51 years, and I've slept many hours with my glasses on - both in chairs and in bed when I fell asleep while reading - never broke a pair that way. I've even woken up with them under me (having fallen off and folded their bows themselves) and so on.

Besides, in a chair like that the armrests keep you from rolling over etc, and so the glasses stay in place.

As with GreenKnight, I've worn glasses for many years (since I was 4). I've fallen asleep (and rolled over them) often, and haven't broken them. Of course, YMMV.

I'm sure you're right that the picture is posed. I've never heard of somebody fixing their tie while laying down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back