Masking Camo Patterns.....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Maglar

Tech Sergeant
Jan 29, 2009
Florida
Hey guys, was wondering about some possible suggestions for getting precise cut-outs for camo patterns. I'm currently working on the P40 tiger shark (RAF) and I have my thumb in my mouth on it. Ive done cut-outs before but they always come out like crap and dont resemble the box-art or whatnot..

Any tips or suggestions would be most grateful..

Mag~

You could always scan and bring the instructions up to scale of your model and then print it off and cut the camo out and use them as templates.

Personally I either draw the camo on the model with a pencil and then follow the lines I've made with masking tape or blu tac.

Heinz has got the right answer there - you could also use Frisk film, which Lucky mentioned recently. Normally, I just do it free-hand, sometimes following a pencil line, sometimes 'by eye'.

I also do mostly freehand, following the patterns carefully....as Heinz says print it off cut it out and go for it.....but good idea to use a slightly thicker paper that will not flap too much but will bend to any curved surfaces and add strips of blu tack to raise it ever so slightly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back