MC200 camo colour (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

SirFrancis

Airman 1st Class
Feb 10, 2022
Hey guys I'm looking at the overall green with tan patches scheme. However not sure if colours were standardised or haphazard. I found 2 restored aircraft which seem to have completely different green and tan tones. I found an original photo which looks different again, however I don't trust original colour photos. Any opinions? cheers

Attachments

• Mc200 1.jpg
    Mc200 1.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 50
  • Mc200 2.jpg
    Mc200 2.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 46
  • Mc200 orig.jpg
    Mc200 orig.jpg
    224 KB · Views: 46
I've just purchased the Italeri MC.200 and it shows four differing mottled camo colours to chose from. So I think that no matter what you choose it will not be far from right. I'll photo the four choices in the morning and post them. :D

Edit: 4/8/22
Looks like my mate Wojtek beat me to it which is just as well for the light here this morning is very dull, it raining like nobody's business and the pics I took are crap.

:D

Last edited:
Certainly there were the standard colours for the Italian kites. But also there was a couple of different camo schemes to paint them with. Usually the set of the camo colours was different for each scheme. The tone of the paints could change in time or vary because of the manufacturer. Additionally the shape of mottling patches, snakes , their sizes etc ... made plane appearance either light or dark. As a result you have a great number of planes painted in different way.

mc 200.jpg

mc 200_a.jpg

mc 200_b.jpg

the source: the net.

Please check the site with the link below. You will find the camo patterns and the colours for these schemes used for most Italian planes including the MC.200.

And the books that can come in handy ... of course, there is really more but these can be the good ones to start with

RA colori.jpg
Mc200.jpg

Mc200_8.jpg

Hey guys I'm looking at the overall green with tan patches scheme. However not sure if colours were standardised or haphazard. I found 2 restored aircraft which seem to have completely different green and tan tones. I found an original photo which looks different again, however I don't trust original colour photos. Any opinions? cheers
Thanks guys, certainly looks like a wide range of color tones and styles. I've got decals for 362 Squadriglia 22 Gruppo. Found a couple of 362 Sq photos showing a similar camo pattern. Anyone know if they maintained some kind of uniformity within squadrons? cheers

Attachments

• Mc200 bw2.jpg
    Mc200 bw2.jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 27
  • Mc200 bw1.jpg
    Mc200 bw1.jpg
    292.5 KB · Views: 27
A couple of shots with a group of MC.200s in there belonging to one squadriglia , reveal that the uniformity within a squadron existed. To a certain extent of course and it wasn't the rule though. Regarding the uniformity within squadrons .. rather didn't existed.

mc200.jpg

Mc200_a.jpg

Mc200_b.jpg

the source; the net.

A couple of shots with a group of MC.200s in there belonging to one squadriglia , reveal that the uniformity within a squadron existed. To a certain extent of course and it wasn't the rule though. Regarding the uniformity within squadrons .. rather didn't existed.

View attachment 680613
View attachment 680614
View attachment 680615
the source; the net.
Thanks Wurger, yep the B&W photos is the pattern I like best....but that would need an expert air brush exponent, which I'm not. I was intending to just hand brush, so will prob have to go with the simple patches rather than complex faded snake style.

I love the Italian aircraft and their paint schemes. If I remember correctly, many pilots tried to make THEIR plane stand out from the crowd. I also think that particular squads did the same for their planes. No matter what, they were the most colorful of the war. Great job on the MC 200. One of my favorite of the war.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back