Me 109, Spitfire, Zero or Mustang (2 Viewers)

Which plane would you fly in a dogfight?

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

He, Paur Mantz, was an exceptional pilot though. He actualy flew the Pheonix, though I understand, the landing didn't work.

wmaxt

Hi People! Hope you don't mind if I 'insert' another one of my Corel drawings while I work out the right scales.

I do these for fun...pretend that I am a particular designer and work with his 'style'.

This one is an imaginary design by Professor Doi of Kawasaki....obviously inspired by Ju87!!!

I can do drawings of actual Airplanes, Classic Cars, Trains and Coaches too...

Very nice site this.

Attachmant didn't work...will try again!

Attachments

• babs__151.jpg
    babs__151.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 419
DerAdlerIstGelandet said:
Hmm interesting tid bits about the B-17 in Tora Tora Tora. I did not know that.

Thats really why I love Tora Tora Tora and Pearl Harbor. It is some of the few WWII movies where the director had enough of a budget to let the aircraft go all out.

:{)

SeaFury said:
Hi People! Hope you don't mind if I 'insert' another one of my Corel drawings while I work out the right scales.

I do these for fun...pretend that I am a particular designer and work with his 'style'.

This one is an imaginary design by Professor Doi of Kawasaki....obviously inspired by Ju87!!!

I can do drawings of actual Airplanes, Classic Cars, Trains and Coaches too...

Very nice site this.

Attachmant didn't work...will try again!

Have to say your Corel drawings are neat and very good but my suggestion would be to start a thread of your own to put them in. That way they are not distracting from the actual topic of the thread. Still though, good Corel drawing. :D

Thank you!

Good idea! Still getting the hang of how to get the best out of your fantastic site! Us 'old boys' are not really Nerd material!

I actually posted wrong drawing, that was a 'starter'. I will try to get the final drawing up....in the meantime, here is a Rolls Rocye!

I will try to get a proper thread going.

Attachments

• cars2_864.jpg
    cars2_864.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 375
Hello All!
Just joined the forum. I have strapped on the odd machine of quality. This is my first foray into the cyberworld other than general web stuff and email, and of course flying around up there where all those wonderful old aircraft have been. I'll just hold high and dry for a while, watching, and waiting. Then, when I see a good target I'll come down out of the Sun! That is if 'Sea Fury' leaves me any room!

I think we are all hard-core fans of a genre that is all but forgotten by many younger than us and to me this a great way to remember and preserve history. We all fanatical to our particular aircraft so if you were insulted, I apologize, if you got and accepted my joke, laugh, and if you were insulted but still laughed, then I applaud you sence of humor. Turn the page.

:{)[/quote]

As a new guy I have been browsing the 'threads' to get a feel for the subject. The fight gets a bit tough in places - as it should. Curzon Dax hit upon about the most significant qualifying point I have seen. In the same vane as him I would say that personal interest in a specific aircraft, patriotism, fanatasism, real knowledge about aircraft, and personal experience in the air; plus technical facts of aerodynamics, airframes, engines, fuel capacity, power, p/w ratio, wing loading, differing corner speeds, strategy, tactics, weapons, culture, training, and many other factors, ('Who won' must carry some weight) make it just about impossible to reach a consensus much less a unanimous conclusion. (If one nation had perfected a fighter to carry/deliver a homing rocket that could kill those with guns only from a 1000 yards without getting into a dogfight could it have been the best fighter?) I have observed that there are probably some nationalities that are less likely to accept 'facts' than others. For the sake of this forum the existence all of those points of interest, argument , agreement, dispute, animosity, is a great thing. I am sure all have actually learnt a lot from the 'facts' submitted in sometimes desperate argument, by someone else - but might not admit that! I too have my favourites. I will weigh them against the 'facts', 'facts! ',
and 'facts?' you have all submittedy and then present.

Thanks for the welcome lads. For FLYBOY J - In my real life I flew Winjeel, Vampire, Macchi MB326, UH-1 Slick Gunship in Vietnam, Avon Sabre, MirageIII, F-4, F-111C, RF-111C. Since then , FIAT G-59 and oodles of civvy singles and twins. Love my flying. Love a/c. You might think I sound old but I know I have at least another 25 years of great flying left in me. I still fly quite a bit and have a small aviation business. Aerial photography is now my specialty A/G and A/A. I like the passion displayed in this forum. Keep it up.

falcon39 said:
Thanks for the welcome lads. For FLYBOY J - In my real life I flew Winjeel, Vampire, Macchi MB326, UH-1 Slick Gunship in Vietnam, Avon Sabre, MirageIII, F-4, F-111C, RF-111C. Since then , FIAT G-59 and oodles of civvy singles and twins. Love my flying. Love a/c. You might think I sound old but I know I have at least another 25 years of great flying left in me. I still fly quite a bit and have a small aviation business. Aerial photography is now my specialty A/G and A/A. I like the passion displayed in this forum. Keep it up.

Very very cool! I'm looking forward to your participation here! There are a few of us on this forum who fly or have flown, but my god, hearing some of the stuff you've been around I'm honored! There are guys here who have great knowledge in aviation history and you'll be surprised with some of the things they come up with. Welcome and enjoy!

So tell me, did you ever "torch" your -111?!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back