Me410 effective as a light bomber?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Statistically hitting a ship, never mind a moving ship, even in ideal conditions would be very lucky. Only about 1 in 4 bombs fell within 1000' of the aiming point (best case scenario). How big is your ship?

Bombing blind (10/10 cloud) on H2X 42% of American bomb pattern centres were more than 5 miles from the aiming point. Only 5.6% of bombs fell within a mile of the aiming point. That kind of margin of error was not unusual when bombing 'blind'. I don't have the Bomber Command statistics to hand, but they would be no better.

Cheers

Steve

And we have consensus again!

Hey Bill, I Googled the book above you mentioned and get not much. It would be good if these theings were available for general purchase.

Do you know of it for sale?

Most of what I know about WW2 tactics comes from WW2 fighter pilot talks about same. Their tactics seem to change with theater of operations and mission, probably about as expected, but any book of fighter tactics in the actual war would be nice to read if coming from pilots in the war. Not interested in books about tactics by non-pilots.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back