Medal id help

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

rochie

Staff
Mod
Hi guys
Need help identifying this medal please.

My brother says its large for a lapel badge more medal size.

IMG_20191110_155110.jpg

I agree It is the US Marksman badge . The pic is flipped vertically. The two small eyelets should be at the bottom because there were attached small bars with names of skills like these below for instance.. Up to 1945 these were signed with "Sterling" on the back and the buckle was of a safety-pin type . Later the signation was "NS Meyer New York" and the fastening was the one seen in your picture..

b1.jpg

I agree It is the US Expert badge . The pic is flipped vertically. The two small eyelets should be at the bottom because there were attached small bars with names of skills like these below for instance.. Up to 1945 these were signed with "Sterling" on the back and the buckle was of a safety-pin type . Later the signation was "NS Meyer New York" and the fastening was the one seen in your picture..

View attachment 560251

It is not the expert badge. It is the Marksman Badge. The expert has a wreath around it. I can take pic of mine from my uniform later.

There are 3 levels.

Marksman
Sharpshooter
Expert

See pic below:

A3FAD526-29A0-4908-8B20-57A20C0D4347.jpeg

Thank you Chris.

It was my step mothers father's, though he was not American, he used to always wear a vest with US buttons on, he served in Burma during WW2.

Wish my family life was not so complicated and could of heard more of its history :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back