MEMBER'S RANKS

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Interestingly, Colonel Thomas Edward Lawrence, CB, DSO aka Lawrence of Arabia sometime after WW1 joined the Royal Air Force as Aircraftman John Hume Ross and later after his real identity was revealed he joined the Royal Tank Corps after changing his name to T. E. Shaw joining as a Private.

So he was a Colonel at 30, then a Private at 34, before becoming an Aircraftman again back in the RAF.

Last edited:
I can see who all liked my posts but not who disliked. No way to figure that out?
Yes, and here's how:
At the top of the page, mouse-over your Username and the drop-down menu will appear.
In the right-hand column, find "Ratings Received" and click that.
You'll then land on a page that has all the ratings ever given to you, good, bad and indifferent, starting from the most recent. :thumbleft:

LOL...thanks Dave....found it

upload_2018-10-8_19-58-22.png

Yes, and here's how:
At the top of the page, mouse-over your Username and the drop-down menu will appear.
In the right-hand column, find "Ratings Received" and click that.
You'll then land on a page that has all the ratings ever given to you, good, bad and indifferent, starting from the most recent. :thumbleft:

Yeah, I didn't explain that well. I knew I could go there but my point is that I can select "Likes Received" but there's no selection for dislikes. I'd have to scroll through 3300+ lines to find the 6 negatives.
Capture.JPG

Ok, I see what you're saying.

Though it didn't take long to find the culprit of my last negative rating. :lol:

*ahem* M michael rauls

View attachment 512501
Photo source: some WWII aircraft website...
Oh man! :eek:.
Sorry about that Dave. That absolutely was a fat fingers mistake on my part. Thought I had caught and corrected all of those but apparently at least one got by.
As is apparently the custom I have left bacon as a peace offering. :lol:

I've learned to use my left thumb when scrolling through posts on the ipad.

That way I just end up clicking on ads and user profiles instead of leaving random ratings or starting unwanted replies.

There is, however, no cure for the typoes I always end up with, courtesy of the ipad's keyboard...

I now think I gave out two dislikes intentionally. One was to a recently departed member over one of his many uncalled-for rants (any guesses who?) and another some years ago to someone who posted a "joke" that was, in my opinion, offensive.

To any others who may have received a questionable rating from me, I humbly apologize and will undo the rating if you call me on it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back