Memorial Day USA 2018

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

mikewint

Captain
Feb 17, 2010
Lakeview, AR
memory.jpg

Another year has gone by and we here in the USA are observing Memorial Day, a day to honor our war dead, those who gave up their tomorrows so we could have our today. They who paid the ultimate price, to purchase our freedoms. Unfortunately to most it is just the beginning of summer, a three day weekend, picnics, camping, and fun.

First, to all of you on this forum who served or who are serving, from the bottom of my heart: Thank you for your sacrifice and your service. I say this to all who serve regardless of country.
Only one war but it was my war, Vietnam. Remember and honor their sacrifice
Second, to my boyhood friends Joe and Rick, I cannot believe you both are gone from this world. Joe, who served in the Army in Vietnam and Commander Rick, weapons officer, on the Patrick Henry, you both live in my heart and mind until we meet again. Take a pull at the Hellhorn while you wait for me.
Third, to mention just a few close friends KIA Vietnam: Delmer Laws, Don Sain, Dan Taylor, Bill Lancey, Ron Dexter, Bob Sullivan, and so many more.
Fourth, to those who vanished, MIA Vietnam: Will Stark, Jerry Shriver, Leo Seymour, Lee Scurlock, Bill Laney, James Jones, Ray Echevarria and so many more. Only God knows your fate.
Our dead are never dead to us until we have forgotten them for a man is not dead while his name is spoken.

View attachment 495314

Another year has gone by and we here in the USA are observing Memorial Day, a day to honor our war dead, those who gave up their tomorrows so we could have our today. They who paid the ultimate price, to purchase our freedoms. Unfortunately to most it is just the beginning of summer, a three day weekend, picnics, camping, and fun.

First, to all of you on this forum who served or who are serving, from the bottom of my heart: Thank you for your sacrifice and your service. I say this to all who serve regardless of country.
Only one war but it was my war, Vietnam. Remember and honor their sacrifice
Second, to my boyhood friends Joe and Rick, I cannot believe you both are gone from this world. Joe, who served in the Army in Vietnam and Commander Rick, weapons officer, on the Patrick Henry, you both live in my heart and mind until we meet again. Take a pull at the Hellhorn while you wait for me.
Third, to mention just a few close friends KIA Vietnam: Delmer Laws, Don Sain, Dan Taylor, Bill Lancey, Ron Dexter, Bob Sullivan, and so many more.
Fourth, to those who vanished, MIA Vietnam: Will Stark, Jerry Shriver, Leo Seymour, Lee Scurlock, Bill Laney, James Jones, Ray Echevarria and so many more. Only God knows your fate.
Our dead are never dead to us until we have forgotten them for a man is not dead while his name is spoken.
Thanks for sharing your feelings. Truer words were never spoken!
Bill

Users who are viewing this thread

Back