Mid Atlantic Air Museum WW2 Weekend Pictures

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

IMG_0087 - Copy.JPG
IMG_0088 - Copy.JPG
IMG_0224.JPG

NL9548Z

Cheers

Jeff

Screenshot 2024-06-20 at 10-57-22 Mid Atlantic Air Museum WW2 Weekend Pictures Aircraft of Wor...png
My grandfather had a car like that, green hard top but it had "holes in the side". Is that a '48 or '49 Buick? My grandfathers had an antenna dead center of the wind shied outside above the rear view mirror area, before we parked his car in garage he'd say "turn the antenna down Johnny". I was simply amazed as a 5 years old!

Last edited:
View attachment 784337My grandfather had a car like that, green hard top but it had "holes in the side". Is that a '48 or '49 Buick? My grandfathers had an antenna dead center of the wind shied outside above the rear view mirror area, before we parked his car in garage he'd say "turn the antenna down Johnny". I was simply amazed as a 5 years old!
Holes in the side equals Buick. They were officially called "portolators".

View attachment 784337My grandfather had a car like that, green hard top but it had "holes in the side". Is that a '48 or '49 Buick? My grandfathers had an antenna dead center of the wind shied outside above the rear view mirror area, before we parked his car in garage he'd say "turn the antenna down Johnny". I was simply amazed as a 5 years old!
I would guess it is a 1942 or 46, but looking at the trim rings on the wheels, my money guess is 1942.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back