Missing attachments -- post them

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

horseUSA

Administrator
Staff
Admin
Mod
Mar 10, 2003
Florida, USA
ww2aircraft.net
Please post if you notice any attachments or link either not working or returning a blank image.
thanks

Last edited:
Ok....well this is going to be a bitch to fix.

Apparently when updated forum software to latest version -- it "fixed" a bug by deleting attachments that weren't properly attached to post.......well that's bullshit in my opinion.

I have a backup of the data before transfer, so attachments are not lost. However, to get them to display I have to merge the old database with the new one -- so that's what I have to work on to properly add them.

I just did a manual check and db modification along with recovering one image from that thread. It now shows. So, I know the steps and can confirm they work to recover attachments. Next step automate it -- cause there is a good 50,000+ to recover ;)

I've noticed that the pictures in my older posts have disappeared

Edit: I just had a look at my 1:1 cockpit thread which I've had going since 2010 and it looks like all the pictures I posted before April 2011 are gone

Last edited:
I went through the entire thread and all links there work. What attachmernt do you mean Andy?

I went through the entire thread and all links there work. What attachmernt do you mean Andy?

I was just there the other day and everything is gone. Take a look at this post. The picture Paul is referring to is not there. Happens in many others as well.

Capture.JPG

I've noticed some of my very old threads with pics missing. Just blank. Checking my BoB thread now......

EDIT: Yup, BoB thread wiped out.

Also noticed several member's sigs missing like in this thread for example: Airframes, Crimea_River (and Micdrow's sig in Andy's screenshot) and Wurger.

Last edited:
Yep... and also I can't see the bar with the Give me Bacon! / Likes - Like this post / Dislikes - Dislike this post menu.

Last edited:
Can't see it anywhere? or just this thread? or just your posts?

I can't see them anywhere for my posts. Airframes seems to have the same problem with his siggy although the bar with the menu can be seen in his posts. And again I can't make the forums read by double clicking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back