Mitsubishi J2M Raiden – A special variant of the 302nd Kokutai with Markings ∃Dxxxx (1:48 Scale by Tamiya and Hasegawa)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Today started with a little airbrushing working. AGAMA J14M was already applied, now came J1M Dark Green and Hataka C041 Night Blue as an anti-glare color. Finally, the entire model was sealed with a satin varnish to prevent any further abrasion or impact damage to the paint. In between, I did a test fit of the new radio box behind the head armor... perfect!

1631842-7aa2346ccd19b146a7f928211ed3b388.png
1631843-bf84f67c19cb0b7ec16d04ad3ea9b1c4.png

1631844-8d4491d0dda2936eea4e6525fc3b9584.png
1631845-ed02d65c085476d0b3a31adb6d0363d7.png
 
1631981-80d3f431b1d9109644b21b5670181f3d.png
1631982-d6445e2ee10089ae08fa3464648d24db.png


1631984-202968d1a92feb82596095c69626f0c4.png
1631985-2c7f88d294c2ad9098ee2c490f113edd.png

The yellow fuselage band is an Aeromaster decal. Like a fool, I attached the antennas before applying the band—instead of doing it the other way around and airbrushing the band on. But the decals are great to work with, so it's no big deal 👍 While researching photos, I noticed a position light on the fuselage behind the antenna mast that was hard to spot—so I still need to add that.

1632109-02c81827cf16ae1d9d4c026512ecc263.png
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back