MLS Cup 09'

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Although I am a big fan of Football (Soccer to Americans...;)), I could never get into the MLS. I guess it bothered me too much when FIFA allowed the MLS to use larger than regulation goal sizes (I believe the goals have returned to normal regulation since then so), so that more goals will happen, and this will attract more fans.

I guess there is no league for me outside of the big European leagues, i.e. Bundesliga, Serie A, Premier League, etc...

Last edited:
Real Salt Lake is the winner.

MLS is growing at a very high rate. Soccer is becoming more popular in the States and will eventually be able to bring in the big money to recruit even better players. And they have implemented some great programs to develop young players.

American football, baseball, and basketball are huge competitors for athletes, moneywise.

It's all we got here, and loving the sport like I do, I have no alternative.

Last edited:
I just prefer the love of the game over here. The Europeans are very passionate about the game. It is a much different atmosphere in the stadiums.

Who knows, maybe someday I will get into MLS as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back