Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Italy

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Portugal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other:

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we're proud of our team, didn't think they would get this far and they performed great. The way they played, they really belonged to the best 4. Pitty they got afraid of Messie and his team (normal problem with the Dutch). Last game was too defensive. Had they played their own game, they would have had a better chance.

I guess the Dutch will never win the worldcup in my lifetime. Always get afraid along the way (look at the final 4 years ago).

I guess the Dutch will never win the worldcup in my lifetime. Always get afraid along the way (look at the final 4 years ago).

You should worry! The English will never win the world cup again unless they fundamentally change the way the game is taught and played in this country. The will to do that simply does not exist. The English will be having the same debate after the European championships in 2016 and the next world cup.....if they qualify.
Steve

You should worry! The English will never win the world cup again unless they fundamentally change the way the game is taught and played in this country. The will to do that simply does not exist. The English will be having the same debate after the European championships in 2016 and the next world cup.....if they qualify.
Steve

Think about us poor Canadians for a minute. Our one and only time in the event, rarely got into the opposing team's zone, no shots on goal, currently ranked 110th.

Geo

What Steve said about England's need for a revamp of their soccer system is doubly true for Canada. As a hockey-centric country, Canada will have to readjust its priorities if it ever wants to be a player in soccer's world stage. I don't see that happening soon though.

Brazil are as bad as ever. Holland just aren't as good as Germany :) They had a 5 on 3 on a counter attack and blew it. Germany wouldn't have which is why they may well be world champions and Holland will probably finish third.

Steve

Congrats,Brazil are beaten dogs,they have alot of work to do before they become significant again....

I tried to catch the Netherlands game today, but the TV station is having difficulties, so I tried to catch some Tour De France...that station was having problems too. Anyway, congrats to the Netherlands!

And good to see you back, Erich! :thumbleft:

Here we go...

I know my fellow Americans will not understand. I am American and proud. I wore this countries uniform, and would do so again in a heart beat.

Having said that. I am an ethnic German. A German/American, and immensely proud of that as well. Tomorrows game is very important to me.

Bring the cup home boys!

Auf gehts Deutschland!

I'm proud of the Dutch team. Against all expectations they showed themself to be a great team, rightfully belonging to the best 3 of the world. They got through the tournament without losing, which is quite a feat. It's a shame they became shy when playing against Argentina. For the rest they were mentally strong, a great time (not a one-man's team like Argentina or Brazil) and always fought to the end. Don't know what would have happened had they been in tonights final. They would have been a tough opponent for the Germans and might even have won. We'll never know. Hope the Germans and the Argentinians will make it a great final, fun to watch and sportive.

But the Dutch leave the tournament unbeaten and with their head up high. One of the best teams in the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back