Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Italy

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Portugal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other:

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally, finally found a satellite radio channel that carries the games so I can listen at work, a week late unfortunately. To my dismay, I missed the first half and the commentators spent most of the second half talking about the meltdown rather than the game which made my first ever radio game very hard to follow. Looking forward to today's match.

Geo

If it's any consolation the first half was remarkable, but not a great football match, unless you are German :)
Steve

The NHL penalizes players for diving or embellishing an actual penalty...sometimes. The sad part of this is the opposing player is also penalized. There are many well known divers in hockey.

Geo

They were getting yellow cards for 'simulation' in football for a while, but FIFA seems to have given up in this world cup. Rivaldo did get fined for the clutching his face and rolling about episode, but the opposing player was sent off so the cheating worked as far as he was concerned.
Steve

They were getting yellow cards for 'simulation' in football for a while, but FIFA seems to have given up in this world cup. Rivaldo did get fined for the clutching his face and rolling about episode, but the opposing player was sent off so the cheating worked as far as he was concerned.
Steve

FIFA actually sent a memo to the officials telling them to issue less cards. This was actually on the sports news the other day.

simulation or cheating to give it a proper name is what bugs me the most about football !

old pro's and tv comentators have to start calling people cheats and stop saying oh he used his experiance there to draw the foul and he went down or there was contact so he was entitled to go down !

contact is not always a foul, if a player is waiting for contact and then goes down, he is pre meditating the action so he is diving as far as i am concerned.

far to many players do it, some ar more blatant than others, i dont think Robben dives much more than some others but he is much more obvious about it so gets called up on it more by fans.

Brazil have been guilty more than most the whole team does it.

Germany were amazing last night i am glad Klose got his goal, i hope muller gets the golden boot as he never stops working for the team !

not sure whats going to happen tonight though, i think Argentina might just edge it, sorry Marcel

Brazil's new flag...

h49AD7B9D.jpg

Geo

turns out 2 Dutch players refused to take the first penalty !

Which would explain why a back took a really poor one, easily saved. The Dutch penalty taking started off in a bit of a slump and went steadily down hill from there :)

The Germans will be pleased. Not only do they have an extra recovery day but the Argentinians had to play an extra half hour.

Cheers

Steve

Was an awful game, seemed like neither team wanted to loose therefore neither team tried to win.

Hopefully the Dutch beat the Brazilians for 3rd place...

That game really is one that no one cares about and the participants don't want to be in it :)

I think it is probably a way to levy a little more money for FIFA!

Steve

3rd place playoff is joke. Wont watch it.
Holland Argentina was so poor that I didnt bother watching extra time.

If I had to bet I would say Germany 2-1.

Fair result that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back