Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Italy

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Portugal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other:

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
And that there is why soccer/football well never excel in the fans eyes in the US..

It's a problem I have with football. Play acting, feigning injury, trying to get other players booked or sent off is not seen as cheating. It is cheating, but expecting FIFA to do anything about it would be optimistic to put it mildly.
Cheers
Steve

And that there is why soccer/football well never excel in the fans eyes in the US..

Soccer on the rise in US of A. No doubt.
Its a good watch as long as its played in good spirits.
But Brasil Germany Gonna be good.
I want Germans to win as Brasil have lost my support with their nonsense

I want Germans to win as Brasil have lost my support with their nonsense

I want Germany to win because I have a fortune ....well, okay, a tenner....on them to win the tournament. I've also got a fiver on Argentina as one back up so I'm doing well, so far :) My other fiver was on Italy, which obviously hasn't worked out quite so well.
One of my daughters also has Argentina in a sweep stake at work and reckons she could win eighty quid!
Cheers
Steve

Holy smokes 4-0 after 24mins of play............

Wow.

In all my born days.

Brasil chickens came home to roost tonight. Thought Brasil was ordinary but didnt know they were utter garbage.
Even made England look good.

Kudos to Germany. They deserve to win trophy and good luck to them in the Final.

Yeah baby! What an utter destruction!

Go Germany!

And congrats to Miroslav Klose for his 16th and record setting goal.

And...

Eins und zwei und drei und vier...

54, 74, 90, 2014
Ja so stimmen wir alle ein
Mit dem Herz in der Hand
Und der Leidenschaft im Bein
Werden wir Weltmeister sein!

Oh I agree that it's a 100% dutch problem for not scoring. That's not where I have a problem. But I think Costa Rica did play for penalties. And I think they only got one real chance, which was 3 minutes before the end.

I also dislike the hypocracy about Robben. It's getting annoying. It's probably a sise effect for being one of the best players out there I guess.

Marcel I will be the first to tell you that I love Robben. He is an amazing player, buy he earns his reputation.

He plays for my favorite club team Bayern Munich, and he is notorious for diving.

I still love him, and would not ever deny his talent but you have to admit where it counts. Mueller from Germany is similar. Great talent, but tends to dive a lot.

I do understand your frustration though. There are a lot of serious divers and Robben should not be singled out.

Last edited:
Yeah baby! What an utter destruction!

Go Germany!

And congrats to Miroslav Klose for his 16th and record setting goal.

And...

Eins und zwei und drei und vier...

54, 74, 90, 2014
Ja so stimmen wir alle ein
Mit dem Herz in der Hand
Und der Leidenschaft im Bein
Werden wir Weltmeister sein!

Marcel I will be the first to tell you that I love Robben. He is an amazing player, buy he earns his reputation.

He plays for my favorite club team Bayern Munich, and he is notorious for diving.

I still love him, and would not ever deny his talent but you have to admit where it counts. Mueller from Germany is similar. Great talent, but tends to dive a lot.

I do understand your frustration though. There are a lot of serious divers and Robben should not be singled out.
Yes, I know and agree, he's a diver. But people are becoming hypocriet over it. Even in this thread, condemning Robben while applauding Costa Rica who dived quite a couple of times in that particular game. Looks like the world has a one sided view on this. And it takes away the attention from the fact that Robben is arguably with the top 3 players of this tournament. He doesn't nearly dive as much this time, is always dangerous, the mental coach of thei Dutch team. And he was honest about the diving, how many players could say that as well?

What happened to Brazil? What a blowout! I watched some of the game. I'm not a soccer player, nor do I follow it closely, but it looked like the Brazilians had been kidnapped and replaced by a minor league team.

I think alot of it was hyped up because it was the home team and emotions were running high for Brazil,losing two of their better players didn't help plus they were really not that great in getting to this game. Alot of people glorify Brazilian players but alot of that comes from the past and they are struggling with their "farm" teams so I think the quality is not up to par.

The Germans were very good, but the Brazilians were woeful. Maybe they'll be changing the colour of their shirts again. They can go back to white as before the notorious defeat by Uruguay. It also makes running up a white flag a simpler proposition.

I've watched every world cup since 1970 and have never seen such utter garbage from a supposedly top international team. I listened to the 1966 final in a park in Rome with my mother, having been evacuated from a certain West African country which had decided that now was a good time to start a civil war. An Italian vendor was listening on a radio and kept informing us (or trying to) what was happening.
Last night's game made Austria and Germany's famous draw of convenience look like an exciting cup final!
I have no sympathy for the Brazilian team at all at all. I do feel sorry for the Brazilian fans, it is hard to be let down like that and to see your team roll belly up and not even offer a token resistance. That team was a disgrace to the tournament. If it wasn't so ludicrous I'd think there was a fix in.

I can't believe that tonight's game will be as one sided as that. I do think that there is a realistic chance of an all European final in South America and that certainly wasn't in the script. Holland will have to play well to beat Argentina though.

Cheers

Steve

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back