Modeling 101? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I slipped outside and took a photo of my son's spitfire. He did have the advantage of my over the shoulder guidance, but he did a very good job on it, just the same and he corrected me, he was 12! not 13...17 now!

Attachments

• Aarons MkVb_a.JPG
    Aarons MkVb_a.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 94
awesome, but i'd really recommend going to the loval shop and getting asian brands (don't get Hasegawa yet, they're pretty expensive and detailed) like Tamiya or Academy, pretty cheap though not sure cause they came all the way from my side of the world

WOW! Fanstastic! The Spit looks great and even the inside is painted accurately. You son has a great coach!! :)
On the Fw, how did you manage the camo without an airbrush? Man it looks sweet! i'd give anything to build a model even half as good as that! :)
thanks for posting! am looking forward to the expo pics!

Hi!
This is my litte brother's models. He was 13 years young when he made them(now is a year older). On beginning I told him few rules:
1.Brush forbidden (use airbrush only)
2.Resin forbidden (scratch build at first)
3.Photo-etched parts forbidden (scratch building of course)

Attachments

• P39.JPG
    P39.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 109
  • MC202__.JPG
    MC202__.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 92
Hey some nice models! Well done. Iv'e got a Macchi 202 to build and I bought the smoke ring decals to try rather than paint them to save on time and hopefully not mess up! just need to make time to slot the 202 into the building schedule.

cool stuff!! i just wish i could get my airbrush to work! i'm just not getting the results :(

Very nice job for such young modellers; my first models were far from being that beautiful.

zuluecho, don't try using th airbrush at once on a model; make trials on a plastic sheet first, figuring out pressure settings and distance. Also, always keep your hand moving when using an airbrush, to prevent from having too much paint and drops on some areas. Keep your airbrush clean too; use thinner instead of paint to clean the inside, and also air from the compressor hose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back