Modelling Tools and Equipment.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Are you kidding me, Wurger has a pristine setup. Envy?! If Wurger lived next to me I'd rob his house and do vile thangs to his dog. My only concern is that either he doesn't use those implements or is a completely ANAL neat freak. :lol: How can he keep all those files, tools, saws, brushes, air tools, bottles, mixing cups, calipers, etc so friggin' clean?!

Which is it, Wurger? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Making models gent is like a surgery or the tooth extraction.All has to be clean.With your tool Matt , you can shoe on a horse or on a goat only.:lol:

BTW it is a part of my set only.He he he .....

Is that better....?

Attachments

• Dscn1243.jpg
    Dscn1243.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 194
  • Dscn1245.jpg
    Dscn1245.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 196
  • Dscn1246.jpg
    Dscn1246.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 190
Terry the Aztek airbrush I've got has 6 nozzles ,the differences of sizes are in colour.But I know you can get kits with something like 9 nozzles

(photo is of the set I've got)

Wojtek! Nice setup!:D (Envious)

Attachments

• 2441[1].jpg
    2441[1].jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 160
Bet that you're doing your "modeling" or "surgery" in a white doctors coat and with a lovely nurse standing by to asist you Wojtek...."Scalpel, file, glue, wipe my forehead.....thank you nurse" :lol:
The last pic looks more like it..! :oops: :lol:

Ha ha ha .....You are right Jan.My "forehead" it the most important tool.:lol:

But to be honest, how many tools do we need for modelling? My friend who makes a carton models use scissors. a metal ruller, a pencil, and some paint for carton edge colouring only. And a glue of course.

True that Wojtek! , I've got a knife ,some sandpaper and that airbrush and thats about it!

Sorta the reason why my models turn out the way they do

Thanks for the pic Daniel, it will prove useful. Can you tell me the width of the smallest paint spray pattern, and the nozzle colour. I'm looking for anything in the region of 1.5 to 2mm. If the kit I saw has something like that in the 3 nozzles included, I'll get it. Thanks very much.
I agree with Wojtek; the tools i use most, apart from paint brushes and sometimes the airbrushes, are my scalpel, tweezers, sometimes the 'helping hands'. The rest have been accumulated, and get used when needed.

Yep it is true.Most tools we gathered , aren't used for long time often.Personally I use a scalpel ,a razor-saw, some files and sandpaper , scissors, a metal ruler, a needle.

Hi Terry ,Will have to take to do abit of research .With my little experience with the airbrush I haven't noticed the difference in tips (I'd imagine with 9+ different tips they're bound to have what your looking for)

I'm sorta afraid to use some of them ,I keep on thinking I'm just gonna end up stuffing something up

You would think so Terry wouldn't ya! From memory it doesn't and I remember getting pretty F**ked off wandering why it didn't

Il take a look tomorrow for ya mate

Thanks Daniel, no rush mate. The one I've seen has three nozzles, which I guess are broad, medium and fine, but if I know which colour is which etc, I can get an idea of what's what re the actual sizes.

Okay, my package arrived today and I spent some quality time alone... in my garage... just me. Here is my JLC razor knife that I have just procurred. I had been working with jeweler's saws (miniature hacksaws/bowsaws), but these will come in handy for those flap/aileron/rudder mods that I've been wanting to try. Also, it comes with spacers so that I can do ribbing or other fuselage details (bought some .010 flat sheets ;) ). Also, I decided to purchase a scriber for doing panel lines that I eff up, when doing my amateur putty work (occurs often, I assure you).

Attachments

• DSCF2086.JPG
    DSCF2086.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 163
  • DSCF2088.JPG
    DSCF2088.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 163
  • DSCF2087.JPG
    DSCF2087.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 164
Nice Matt(looks pretty lethal)

Terry I think they just chuck in different nozzles for every kit

Because I've seen(like the pic above of the kit) with different coloured nozzles and mine didn't have a purple tip it had an orange instead ,Yet both came with 6 nozzles

Hell Jan $15 odd bucks for a tip!:shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back