Modelling Tools and Equipment.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Heres my basic layout...

Attachments

• gear 036.jpg
    gear 036.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 212
  • gear 029.jpg
    gear 029.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 208
  • gear 038.jpg
    gear 038.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 205
What yo mean? That's an impressive, and tidy layout. Wish I still had a dedicated modelling room. Are those the Model Master paints BTW? And what capacity are they?

2.75oz

They are great size, but they do tend to accumulate paint on the rim of the jar and make the lid rather difficult to open after they have dried. Crappy design actually. I still love my Testors 1/2oz jars. Just too damn expensive to purchase for bulk paints.

All of these companies should be ashamed of their prices. Frickin' ridiculous.

Ok. Here some of my tools.

Attachments

• workshop5.JPG
    workshop5.JPG
    126.1 KB · Views: 197
  • workshop4.JPG
    workshop4.JPG
    183.4 KB · Views: 197
  • workshop3.JPG
    workshop3.JPG
    120.1 KB · Views: 205
  • workshop2.JPG
    workshop2.JPG
    153.6 KB · Views: 198
  • workshop1.JPG
    workshop1.JPG
    132 KB · Views: 195
  • wokshop5a.JPG
    wokshop5a.JPG
    117.9 KB · Views: 197
  • workshop5b.JPG
    workshop5b.JPG
    173.7 KB · Views: 202
  • workshop5c.JPG
    workshop5c.JPG
    181.5 KB · Views: 204
  • workshop6.JPG
    workshop6.JPG
    155 KB · Views: 195
  • workshop6a.JPG
    workshop6a.JPG
    224.4 KB · Views: 199
  • wokshop6b.JPG
    wokshop6b.JPG
    232.2 KB · Views: 200
Some very nice equipment there Wojtek, and obviously well cared for. I notice you have some of the plastic measuring cups like mine - I got some from the nurse when I was in hospital last year - very useful for measuring paint and thinners. I also noticed the Tamiya masking tape refill - they aren't available here, I can only get the tape in the dispenser, which, apart from costing more, is a waste of the dispenser when it's empty!
BTW, do you know anything about the Aztec system of three different nozzles on some of their airbrushes? I know the make, as they used to supply them when I was with Kodak, with the Kodak badge on them, and they were quite expensive, and considered up-market about 20 years ago. But I don't know about interchangeable nozzles. I have seen a Aztec at a very good price which has this feature. If it has a fine-line capability, I might get one, as the 'brushes I use at the moment only go down to about 3 mm.
This particular one has a metal chamber, but the plastic body, and is single action. But, for the price being asked, I don't mind. I have also seen another brush, very like an Iwata, but not a cheap copy, that is on offer at half price - £30 - and has a 0.3mm nozzle, which I think would give a fine line about 1mm to 1.5mm wide. This is a gravity feed, dual action, so more control, but realtively small paint volume.

THX Terry.:D I think the Aztec nozzle system is similar to the Russinan airbrush I have had.There are three nozzles in the set.If I need to exchange the current one I have to unscrew it and then screw on the new one

Very nice Wurger. Where did you get your razor saw? I've been getting along with jeweler saws, but need a good razor saw that is not to thick. Xacto makes some, but the blade is much to thick for 1/72nd.

The razor-saw I bought in a hobby shop in Bydgoszcz,This is a Czech invention.Trumpeter offers a razor-saw with three saws of different shape, similar to that is offered by Olfa.The firm offers some saws that can be used with a standard scalpel-razor handle.

Found an anniversary kit that includes a saw, three blades and spacers (shims) for making parallel cuts in stock. And it all comes in a box for $22USD. Mine all mine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back