Models

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Okay, I finally borrowed my father's camera and took several pictures of my best models. To bad the camera didn't have a macro... So some of them are blurry. I apologize for that.

Attachments

• 602 Squadron Spitfire.jpg
    602 Squadron Spitfire.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 121
  • 602SqSpit,1SqHurriIIC,602SqSpit.jpg
    602SqSpit,1SqHurriIIC,602SqSpit.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 104
  • 602SqSpit,1SqHurriIIC,602SqSpit-2.jpg
    602SqSpit,1SqHurriIIC,602SqSpit-2.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 103
  • SpitfireIX,P-51B,MustangIII.jpg
    SpitfireIX,P-51B,MustangIII.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 105
  • SpitfireIX,P-51B,MustangIII-2.jpg
    SpitfireIX,P-51B,MustangIII-2.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 126
  • BUCII,MustangIII,USTank.jpg
    BUCII,MustangIII,USTank.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 110
Great stuff - trying to work out which manufacturers they were from...

The only thing you need to do now is get yourself a good airbrush - it is really another world again!

As I said to Der Adler, the Badger 150 gets my vote, for what it's worth.

Right, the Hurri and Spits are Hasegawa (or Hasegawa re-edited by Revell) and the Mustangs are Tamiya. Got it?

I do other things, too... ;)

Attachments

• figurines.jpg
    figurines.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 133
  • cromwell.jpg
    cromwell.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 107
  • tanks 1.jpg
    tanks 1.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 138
  • tanks 2.jpg
    tanks 2.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 110
Great models, ndicki...

For your information, the Hurricane is a Revell kit. The green 602 Squadron Spitfire (coded LO-A) is from Hasegawa, the camo 602 Squadron (coded LO-B) and the Clostermann (the one coded NL-B) Spitfires are from ICM.

Both of the camo Mustangs are Tamiya kits... The other Mustang (coded VF-T) is also from ICM.

The blurry green thing beside my crash-landed Mustang is a British Universal Carrier Mk. II from Tamiya and the big tank on the other side is an American tank from Trumpeter (I forgot the name of the tank, sorry).

All models are in 1/48... Except for the unknown American tank that is in 1/35.

By the way, ndicki, what's the scale of those nice little characters ? The must be 1/35, eh ? Because I did several characters in 1/48 scale and I never saw a WAAF in such a "suggestive" position. ;)

My painting skills for details are not as good as yours though. Unfortunately, I can't take pictures of them because the pictures would be way too blurry.

Nicely done!! Oh how I wish that I had time and space for modeling again. My son's room has many of my old models hanging in his ceiling, but those are exquisite.

I have fond memories as a kid of going up to the Seattle Center and on the most northern remote area of the property was the beginnings of the Boeing museum before it became a real site at Boeing field. I loved to go there and look and the hundreds of scale models that were on display. Makes me wonder where they all went.

Maestro, the tank is an American M-60A1/A3, but no idea which manufacturer.

Well, I missed the ICM Spits - shouldn't have, as the PRU blue MkIXc you can see is also the ICM one - the decals are rubbish, but the model is nice, if challenging!

The ICM Mustang, I understand, is similar to the Tamiya one - so much so that certain French mags have actually accused ICM of plagiarism...

The vehicles and figurines are all 1/35th-1/32nd scale, you're right - in 1/48th scale, it's improving, but we're not home yet.

I've actually had to stop for the time being, half-way through the AMT 1/48th Boston III / A-20C (recently reissued in Europe by Italeri :D :D :D ) because my workshop is about to be transformed into a second sitting room:( !

I've actually had to stop for the time being, half-way through the AMT 1/48th Boston III / A-20C (recently reissued in Europe by Italeri :D :D :D ) because my workshop is about to be transformed into a second sitting room:( !

...ahhhhh. Marriage.

...ahhhhh. Marriage.

Yeah. Still, look on the bright side - I'd be able to spend all my money on having a good time, going down the boozer, driving a decent fast car at ridiculous speeds on the Autobahn because there wouldn't be anybody to scream "SLOW DOWN - LOOK HOW FAST YOU'RE GOING!" every time I get above about 120mph, pulling the girls, no exhorbitant school fees to pay, all my time to myself...

I'd probably have :car20: :jester: :jester: :boxing: :blob: :firestarter: :werecomingforyou: :xcensoredx: :splat: -ed myself to death by now! Look what it did to Jimmy Hendrix...

bit off topic by now but this's the picture of the 3 617sqn aircraft, two Specials and a Mk.I on VE day.............

Attachments

• Mk.I Specails YZ-O (PD129) and YZ-M (PD118) with Mk.I KC-M all of 617 Sqn flying over Lincoln on VE
    Mk.I Specails YZ-O (PD129) and YZ-M (PD118) with Mk.I KC-M all of 617 Sqn flying over Lincoln on VE
    38.2 KB · Views: 37
:mrgreen: Got that one, in a HUGE book called ... wait for it... "Dambusters", by Andy Lee, Chris Ward and Andreas Wachtel. Highly recommended.

Hi all.

Oooh... :shock:

ndicki, think a New Zealander might be able to get that book??

James.

Are these all Corgi? I have 4 Corgi Lancs (I think - my last relocation has left a lot of stuff in crates) including the Tall boy (grand slam?) version. Their latest is a Lanc on a base that recreates the sound of an air raid and bomb bursts at night - quite eerie to behold. The most magnificent, almost monumental, is the 1/32 scale Corgi Mosquito. Snap it up if you get the chance.

Tom

Hi twoeagles!

Are you talking about my models? If so, yes they are. Next week, I'm getting a 1:144 scale 44 Squadron Lancaster and the BBMF Lanc, PA474, then I think I'm ordering the 9 Squadron Lanc the week afterwards...

Cheers.

James.

Corgi, by the way, is edging closer to bankruptcy. Your Corgi diecast collections may suddenly appreciate in value if production stops. The
diecast market is now very competitive, and though Corgi models
are built in China, they are having a real struggle staying profitable.

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread

Back