Montréal lose the Shriners' Hospital to London, Ontario.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Right on!:thumbleft:
I'd have ripped down that Québec flag so fast (no offence Maestro ;) ) it would've made his head spin! 'Course, I'd have replaced it with the NS flag. :toothy5:

It did cross my mind, but as the apartment manager told me, you showed that jerkoff that you're a lot better than him.

When I used to meet PQ jerkoffs while living in Montreal, they would always site a fear of their culture being eclipsed by the rest of Canada and the US. Then I would tell them "why the hell do you go to Florida every winter?" Never a response back!

I hate to say, but the only memorable legacy the PQ will produce (besides having members saying incredible stupid things) is the ability to find and immediate replace English road signs!

Nonskimmer said:
Right on!:thumbleft:
I'd have ripped down that Québec flag so fast (no offence Maestro ;) ) it would've made his head spin! 'Course, I'd have replaced it with the NS flag. :toothy5:

Well, I could quote a famous Wing Commander character by saying :

"I don't feel offended. I rarely listen to what you have to say..." But I won't. ;)

No, honestly, I don't feel offended at all. I think the same thing.

In French we have an expression to designate a dictatorship by calling it a "Bananas Republic". Well, did you ever noticed that the flower on the Québec flag (Fleur de Lys) looks like an half-peeled banana ? :rolleyes:

Maestro said:
In French we have an expression to designate a dictatorship by calling it a "Bananas Republic". Well, did you ever noticed that the flower on the Québec flag (Fleur de Lys) looks like an half-peeled banana ? :rolleyes:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Cute. ;)
BTW, it's not the flag that offends me. I see nothing wrong with it at all, as it's just a provincial flag. What gets me are the principles of the PQ and BQ. I just want to make that clear. I have good buddies from Québec, and they're as nationalist as they come.

You all do realise that Scotland and Wales are wanting to seperate from England, dissolving the United Kingdom right? England is giving Wales and Scotland many, many, many benefits that England doesn't get just to keep them from voting to be seperate.

All Scotland and Wales want is to be seperate but still have all the benefits of being part of the U.K. Personally, I think if they want to seperate then let them. Let's see how long Wales and Scotland can last on their own...

Northern Ireland is the obvious one that everybody knows about, but I thought all of the separation stuff with Scotland had been resolved a long time ago. Obviously I was wrong. Didn't know about Wales.

As is undoubtedly the case between England and the other parts of the UK, Canada needs Québec as much as they need Canada. Too much of the national interest is invested in that province to simply expect prosperity if they were to simply walk. We shouldn't even be entertaining the possibility of letting them. I can tell you that Atlantic Canada would be in dire trouble from the get go!
Likewise, an independent Québec - A truly independent Québec - would quickly become a third world shit hole. They'd be excluded from Canada, the United States wouldn't do business with the BQ regime, France can't stand them and vice versa...It's a doomed plan.

Nonskimmer said:
Cute. ;)
BTW, it's not the flag that offends me. I see nothing wrong with it at all, as it's just a provincial flag. What gets me are the principles of the PQ and BQ. I just want to make that clear. I have good buddies from Québec, and they're as nationalist as they come.

I know... I was only pointing the "banana thing" out. :D

Nonskimmer said:
As is undoubtedly the case between England and the other parts of the UK, Canada needs Québec as much as they need Canada. Too much of the national interest is invested in that province to simply expect prosperity if they were to simply walk. We shouldn't even be entertaining the possibility of letting them. I can tell you that Atlantic Canada would be in dire trouble from the get go!
Likewise, an independent Québec - A truly independent Québec - would quickly become a third world s**t hole. They'd be excluded from Canada, the United States wouldn't do business with the BQ regime, France can't stand them and vice versa...It's a doomed plan.

I agree with you 100%. Although I wonder how Atlantic Canada would go after this... Would New-Brunswick, New-Foundland and Nova Scotia form a new country ? Would they stay within Canada ? I don't know. :confused:

I heard there was a PQ member who wanted to flood the province with US cash and then ask the US to make Quebec a commonweatlth like Puerto Rico in hope language rights world be established. Was this Paraseau? Unique idea, but still very stupid!

Found this on the PQ site, what BS!

FIVE QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS TO UNDERSTAND WHY THE PARTI QUÉBÉCOIS WANTS QUÉBEC TO BECOME A SOVEREIGN COUNTRY.

1. What does The Parti Québécois want?
The Parti Québécois wants Québec to become a sovereign country and for it to have all the political, judicial and fiscal instruments to become master of its own destiny. It wants the government to be able to legitimately promote and defend the interests of the Québec people, and participate in international forums, like other nations, a necessity more and more pronounced in the context of globalization. Québec is the only North American State where Francophones constitute the majority of the population, and where a specific model of culture, development, institutions, legal system and civil law exists. The sovereignty project is legitimate, as recognized by the Canadian Supreme Court in August 1998 and Canada has, according this Court, an obligation to negotiate in good faith Quebec's accession to sovereignty.

2. Where does the Québec sovereignty project come from?
Since the birth of Canada in 1867, there have always been supporters of independence who thought Québec was not just another province within the Canadian borders, but rather constituted a nation and should become a country. Negotiations in the 1960's to amend Canada's Constitution in order to recognize Québec as one of the founding nations and to give it the necessary powers to develop itself within Canada failed. These failures occurred even when negotiations were conducted by Québec federalist governments in favour of Québec staying within Canada. Elected in 1976, the Parti Québécois government held a referendum on sovereignty in 1980, obtaining 40.6% support. In 1982, Canada modified its Constitution without National Assembly's and the Québec government's assent. To this day, no Québec political party has accepted to adhere to this Constitution. In 1994, the Parti Québécois regained power and in 1995 held another referendum, where the support for sovereignty climbed to 49.4%. On November 30th, 1998, the Parti Québécois was re-elected and once again formed the government.

3. Why does the Parti Québécois still want Québec to achieve sovereignty ?
Since the October 1995 referendum, the governments of Canada have ignored the will of the people of Québec to reform Canadian federalism. The federal government in Ottawa decided to maintain the status quo, accentuating problems which have existed for the last forty years. Furthermore, this government has multiplied attacks against Québec and continues to intervene in its areas of its exclusive jurisdiction, which causes severe problems in the planning of public services. It has also attempted to intimidate the Québec population by threatening not to recognize any future referendum result, notwithstanding the fact that Québec's democratic traditions are flawless and that its legislation on the financing of political parties and referendums are exemplary.

4. Who in Québec is considered a Quebecker?
Québec nationalism is not ethnic but civic. All citizens residing on Québec territory are Quebeckers. Québec has a Charter of Rights and Freedoms which guarantees equality to all citizens. Québec's official language is French and new immigrants are obligated by law to send their children to French-speaking schools. The English-speaking community has its own complete educational system, from preschool to university, and has access to all services in its own language. It manages on their own its learning, health and social services institutions, along with numerous radio and television stations, newspapers and magazines. As for Aboriginal nations, Québec's National Assembly recognized in 1985 the existence of eleven aboriginal nations, along their right of self-government. Conventions and agreements were concluded with a number of aboriginal nations in matters related to education and health and provide also for joint economical development projects.

5. How will Québec position itself in international matters?
Already open to the world by its active participation in the international community, in international forums and through cooperation, development and humanitarian assistance, Québec wishes to continue all treaties and agreements to which Canada is a party. It intends to become member and participate fully in the work of international organizations and conferences. In its trade relations, it will be respectful of human rights, democracy and social justice. Its vision of globalization includes the respect for diversity and the promotion and protection of national identities, languages and cultures.

Nonskimmer said:
Looks real good on paper, don't it?
Well, except for the parts that are complete horse crap. :rolleyes:
Like most of it!

Could you believe they put out this crap and had an ENGLISH tranlation! Talk about propaganda! It was frustrating but entertaining when I lived there, at least I knew eventually I would leave.

Yeah... And if it continue like this, I'll be traped here forever. You're lucky, FBJ.

The only reason Québec want to be Independent is to create a dictatorship. The word says it all : SOVEREIGNty... They want a king... Like Louis XIV who will tell them what to do.

What the PQ did :

- Bill 101 to make the English run away.

- Giving poor (I mean REALLY crappy) English courses in public schools, creating a "virtual Berlin Wall".

- Eliminated a complete year of high-school, preventing Québekers to go work in an other province/country. (Most work positions ask for a Grade 12, while our "general" educational system stops at Secondary 5 (equivalent to a Grade 11). To be accepted in a job outside Québec, we must have a year of CEGEP to equal the Grade 12. The lone way for a "Secondary 5er" to go work elsewhere is to get a job within a federal institution (i.e. RCMP).)

No wonder why we are the champion in suicide within Canada... WE'RE DOOMED ! :cry:

Trying not to steal the thread here but;

NS, Wales isn't any worth to England. They bleed the country of resources and we're giving them more and more benefits to stay with us. They would not survive on their own, not a chance.

Scotland is a bit better, they get more respect from England but they still wouldn't survive on their own. The Scottish like to think they would and a few I have encountered have put up a good argument about the commercial sector they have. In reality both they and Wales rely on England for the vast majority of their money.

Both countries have numbers who wish to seperate. Both have political parties with the primary subject being their seperation from England. The Scottish seperatists are getting larger in number.
It's been going up all of a sudden, calling someone British isn't accepted anymore among many people. It's normally met with a stubborn, "I'm not British, I'm English" or "I'm not British, I'm Welsh" etc.

Personally I don't care. I was born in Scotland but my family is English. If Wales and Scotland seperated it wouldn't bother me nor would it affect England in comparison to what it would them. They want the benefits of the U.K but they don't want to be in it.

Do you see Scotland (5,000,000 pop.) with any power in the E.U?

They should! What a collection, French, Welsh and Scottish. That'd be confusion in a war. You'd have the French trying to run away, the Scottish trying to charge forward and the Welsh looking for any nearby sheep to...well let's just say sheep don't make that kind of noise normally. ;) :lol:

Only a tiny minority of complete toss-pots who've watched Braveheart too many times would want full Scottish Independence. Scotland already has it's own parliament, tax-raising powers, education system, legal system, different banknotes.... to cut a long story short, they get far more out of this arrangement than the English do, and all Scots secretly (and not secretly) know this.

But what of it? My ancestry is from the Borders - which is a cut above either Scottish or English! Heh heh heh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back