Mosquito Mk XVIII 248 Sqn RAF Colors

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thank's a lot.
i begin to become totally insane with all the different scheme of camo for this wonderful machine ;))
here's an other one .
BW-I - copie.jpg

Some light but important upgrading to the first MOSSIE -PZ468.
She seems not to have the large radio mast on top of the fuselage.
I bet it's surely an antenna whip.
BW-E.jpg

last of the week.
Based on a photography printed in " MOSQUITO " from Aeroplane ICONS-p 83, according to references about codes colors already told ...
It's quite a complex study these mosses ;)))), i love it !
Cheerio
jmg

Hello JMG. I've found photos of PZ468 and RF610. If you would like them PM me your email and I'll blast them off to you. PZ468 seems to have a darker colour on the nose (fresher paint?) and RF610 is shown carrying only 2 rockets per wing

Hello JMG. I've found photos of PZ468 and RF610. If you would like them PM me your email and I'll blast them off to you. PZ468 seems to have a darker colour on the nose (fresher paint?) and RF610 is shown carrying only 2 rockets per wing
Hello Fubar57.
Thank you for your proposal, i will be glad of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have edited the post above in order to delete the e-mail address. Please don't post e-mail addreeses publicaly if you don't want to get more of spam there. It can be sent using the PM here or just set it in your personal details and let use for all members here. In the way you will get a message either here or on your e-mail box.

Last edited:
Good stuff.
With reference to the radio mast - on earlier FB Mosquito types, the mast was used, but without the wire antenna. With a change to the later SCR radios, the antenna was fitted internally, in the mid rear fuselage, and later moved to the location originally used for the mast, when 'Gee' was fitted, being fitted into a socket in a circle of light brown, which was possibly dielectric material.
The original 'Gee' antenna occupied the internal location shown in the diagram below, but was later moved, and fitted as a 1 meter long whip antenna from the port, rear side of the cockpit canopy.
The equipment fit could depend on the period, Group and Squadron, and their respective roles, and only the study of photos can indicate what was fitted and when, and even then, it's often difficult to see the antennae in some photos.

Mosquito GEE fit.jpg

Thank's a lot Wurger .
I'm not quite at ease with that new forum .
Good stuff.
With reference to the radio mast - on earlier FB Mosquito types, the mast was used, but without the wire antenna. With a change to the later SCR radios, the antenna was fitted internally, in the mid rear fuselage, and later moved to the location originally used for the mast, when 'Gee' was fitted, being fitted into a socket in a circle of light brown, which was possibly dielectric material.
The original 'Gee' antenna occupied the internal location shown in the diagram below, but was later moved, and fitted as a 1 meter long whip antenna from the port, rear side of the cockpit canopy.
The equipment fit could depend on the period, Group and Squadron, and their respective roles, and only the study of photos can indicate what was fitted and when, and even then, it's often difficult to see the antennae in some photos.

View attachment 374194
GOSH !!! What a complex world ...
Thank you

It's OK for me now . Thank you .

I'm working on Beaufighter of the 404 Canadian Squadron this morning

end of the road for Banff Strike Wing article.
Two quite representative Beaus of 404 th RCAF Squadron.
Big beasts.
BW-A.jpg
BW-B2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back