Most Beautiful Aircraft of WW2?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice! The US Army had their own aircraft carriers. Sort of like the IJ Army's Yamashio Maru class CVE and the Akitsu Maru assault ship. Did any of these LSTs fly Pipers with Bazookas? That would be the US Army providing its own CAS.

The saga of the seasick US Army Piper Cubs on the Navy's smallest aircraft carriers.

View attachment 586371
I think your picture answers your question. Looks like an entire battalion, to me! :shocked!::hotsun:\\:D/ ( :laughing6: )

You don't see many parasol wings on carrier aircraft. Just the French that I can think of, plus the Piper and Stella above.

Dewoitine_D.373_Bearn.jpg

The first single seat monoplane carrier fighter with folding wings.

97B26B49-30F5-406A-A15A-32D7FE0661C3.jpeg

Beautiful means, not about performance, only about looking good. Please choice only one aircraft you think beautiful.

I vote to Bf109. I think it has sharpe shape and beautility.8)8)

Vote finished!
Its gotta be the P51 D/K Mustang !!!!

Hands down Supermarine Spitfire. All planes being aerodynamic but the lines and curves of this masterpiece takes the cake. If I did top 5
Spitfire
P-40
FW-190
P-38
Hawker Hurricane

Beautiful means, not about performance, only about looking good. Please choice only one aircraft you think beautiful.

I vote to Bf109. I think it has sharpe shape and beautility.8)8)

Vote finished!
What? The lumpy 109? Surely not! Try comparing it to the ultra-smooth Hawker Tempest V. All the beauty of the Spitfire's elliptical wing with the added handsome profile and slippery shape. I say "Pfft" at your 109!

What? The lumpy 109? Surely not! Try comparing it to the ultra-smooth Hawker Tempest V. All the beauty of the Spitfire's elliptical wing with the added handsome profile and slippery shape. I say "Pfft" at your 109!

I agree with him on 109. It was a very beautiful aircraft that looked mean and like it was meant for war. The Tempest looked like an unwanted stepchild...pfft.

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back