Most Beautiful Aircraft of WW2?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hey, I didn't specify three ovens set to different temperatures, nor sauce pans.

They may not complain ... what am I talking about? They ALWAYS complain!

Since my last name is Pascal, I can say that about the French without being racist.

I just have to make some sauces first. Did that already, so it's all good ...

Just stay away from the underslung wine-bar, you're probably good.

No send him home in a super marine walrus
I like the Walrus, but she's not pretty. It's odd though that the same man who made the Spitfire made these clunky flying boats. I would have expected RJ Mitchell's seaplane to be more like the postwar Supermarine Seagull, but initially with a Merlin. The Griffon-powered Seagull was good for 260 mph!

Last edited:
Beautiful picture Greg!
Very nice work.
I remember there used to be a J-22 website that was created by an aeronautical engineer and he actually took all the info for the version of the R-1830 with the two speed/two-stage supercharger and adapted it to the J-22 and came up calculated performance results based on the improved engine.
He called it a "J-22C".
The airplane would've done very well against the 109 (not that it didn't in the forms it actually took).
Something about this picture reminded me of that website.

Ah yep, I remember it, you can still find it on the way back machine. Actually emailed the guy that ran it last week to answer a question about the J22.

Neither of them prettiest per se, but I'd like to nominate two soviet aircraft. MIG 3 for looking like it'd be the fastest prop fighter ever in side view, and I-16 for being just so... Idk, cute?

Users who are viewing this thread