Most Beautiful Aircraft

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Some of my Favorites.
F-4U
FW-190 DORA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
P-40
B-17
Any flying boat
F-104
SR-71
And I know as soon as I click "Submit post" I'll think of a couple more

Erich said:
still looks like a Me 262 wannabe

Except that it was a special built aircraft for the 1934 England to Australia air race, which it won. Second place went to a KLM DC-2 and third was a Roscoe Turner flown Boeing 247, both commercial passenger planes that stunned the world with their performance at that time.

hole in the ground said:
Dh 88 Comet
only three ever built (not including replicas) still has had a failry large impact on aviation. Can anyone spot the family resemblances to other Dhs?

It was made of wood, it was the first De Havilland 'Wooden Wonder'. I won one of the many of the Britain to Australia Air races back in the 'Golden Age' of aviation.

Will.

mignet, flea.
I think thats how you spelt the guys name.
Some sources that i have read said that it was a death trap and some say it was very stable.
I have no idea myself.
However this is very off topic as it is a hideous

How about the Lockheed Constellation? I believe it saw duty in WWII as a transport. It was designed to outrun the ZERO at altitude re-supplying the Chinese Army.

Navy Designation R7V, I flew them in VR-7A at Tachikawa AFB 1962-1985. We were primarily Med Evac, but handled troops and general cargo, including drums of Agent Orange.

I also flew them with TWA, and Seaboard, who farmed me out to Aer Lingus under contract for a year.

They were a very pretty bird. I met my future wife on a Dublin layover.

The C121 saw a few of them in the Goose they are a real pretty bird

Attachments

• arsenalds_5.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 250
  • vg33photo11gu0yz.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 257
  • bakervg33a.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 263
  • bakervg33c.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 254
  • bakervg33e.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 251