Most Beautiful Aircraft

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I would go P/F-51 Mustang, Spitfire, B-36 Peacemaker in Bare Aluminium, Lightning (The Interceptor), B-1, B-2 Spirit and the F-117 all three B-1, B-2 and F-117 in black. The rest except for the Spitfire in bare aluminium. The Spitfire in 1940 BOB camoflage. These are all my nominations. For helicopters, AH-64D Apache Longbow in Dark Green/Black, and CH-47 Chinook in Artic Camoflage...

Oh alright, HealzDevo. Back to the script it is.

You gotta love Rutan. Beautiful plane.

Attachments

• Long E-Z.jpg
    Long E-Z.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 139
  • Long E-Z -2.jpg
    Long E-Z -2.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 137
Was a pre-Gotha 229 project, probably the 1937 Ho V with 2 small Hirth engines.

... and I LOVE the Rutan's Vary Eze, one day I will have the money and time to waste for building one for myself...

I'm not sure but I think the fan was spinned by the airflow and used to generate electricity for the airplane.
The same system was used in the Me163 and I believe on the Fw 189 who had similar fans on the tip of the prop hubs.

I'm not sure but I think the fan was spinned by the airflow and used to generate electricity for the airplane.
The same system was used in the Me163 and I believe on the Fw 189 who had similar fans on the tip of the prop hubs.

interesting as opposed to running a generator off the accessory section...

To me, one of the most beautiful plane was the Reggiane 2005, and very beautiful were the Macchi M.C. 202 and 205 and the Fiat G. 55, of course! Don't you think?

Sorry, I did not how to include a picture. Here in this site you can see - I hope - some pictures of the beautiful Reggiane 2005 and of the womderful macchi and FIat: it seems incredible that the FIat could do, during 2ww such wonderful planes (the Fiat Cr 32, prticularly, and the Cr 42 were fine planes). The beauty of these planes was not just estetic, if I can say. This beauty had a correspondance in excellente flight qualities, so it was real beauty, not jus a matter of shapes
re2005.jpg

. . .For me, there is absolutely no doubt that the B-17 was the most majestic, beautiful airplane ever built! My Dad flew in TBF's in WWII which was certainly a nice looking bird (pregnant bathtubs) they were called. My son also works on F-15's at Seymour Johnson as a crew chief. . .those aren't so bad either. . .You just gotta love the look of that '17 though.

Mike

Beautiful, Wolfpath. And TBF gunner, I think the B-17 is nice looking, but the F-15 is a beauty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back