Most beautiful fighter, bomber, and any kind of airplanes!!!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Talk about a dead and burried thread coming alive again :lol:

My preference for multi-engined fighter is of course the Fokker G.1 Mercury. (I'm dutch, can't help it).

Single engine is more difficult. I always liked the IAR aircraft, but I also like the Brewster Buffalo. Who would not like a barrel of beer with wings? :) And the Hurricane is also a contender.

The Hunter is the best looking jet-fighter ever. No argue about that.

Bomber, I would say the Glen Martin B-10.

Favorite jet fighters in terms of looks are the Hawker Hunter (good to see so much love for it in this thread, it really is a beautiful ship), Gloster Meteor, F-86 Sabre, F-106 Delta Dart, Saab 35 Draken, Su-15 Flagon and MiG-17. F-111 is a little awkward from the overhead angle but I love how it looks in profile.

hawker-hunter-and-gloster-meteor-pass-at-dunsfold.JPG

F-86%20Sabre%20-%20Oceana%202002.jpg

f106_delta_dart.jpg

J-35_Draken_8.jpg

Su-15_Flagon.jpg

Mig17-WillWard-01.jpg

f111.jpg

I'm not crazy about the looks of most fourth-gen jet fighters (too similar IMO) but the F-14 and F-15 (particularly in the E's deep gray paint scheme) are attractive and exude raw power and grace in equal quantity.

conn-goldtom.jpg

F-15E_391st_USAF_081215-F-7823A-931.jpg

MiG-31 looks pretty good too despite being a friggin' flying bus (it weighs more than a Tu-134 airliner!). We'll call her "plus-sized." :p

3.png

Last edited:
Also this barely counts as military, but the hands down champ of the Most Beautiful Plane award has to be the Beech Model 17 Staggerwing. Not even an olive drab paint scheme can ruin it.

staggerwing.jpg

beech_yc_43a_staggerwing_by_namelessfaithlessgod-d35wg03.jpg

6399.jpg

Beech%20UC-43%20Traveler,%20Staggerwing,%20060519-F-1234P-007.jpg

Modern Jets:

The first three are modern Sukhoi fighters:

Flankers (without canards to spoil the lines please), curved lines like a swan or a women, just as you like it. These things are pure sex!

Sukhoi Su-27 Flanker Superiority Fighter Jet.jpg

S-47 Berkut (Golden Eagle). Its looks live up to its name.

sukhoi_s37_berkut_l2.jpg

In contrast to the fugly F-22 the PAK-FA T-50 has the right edges and proportions in the right places.
In the second image you can see clearly the Sukhoi lineage, quite Flanker-like.

Sukhoi-T-50-PAK-FA-KnAAPO-2S.jpg

244546_pak-fa-t-50_-istrebitel_-polyot_3552x2362_(www.GdeFon.ru).jpg

This one also looks much more elegant than the uncool looking F-22 (just my opinion!).
Too bad that the YF-23 didn't make it.

yf-23-920-9.jpg

This here looks like an Eurofighter on steroids but while the EF sucks lookwise IMO
the MiG 1.44 exudes raw brutality. Normally I don't dig canard designs but this one rocks.

mig-1.44_800_001.jpg

34902_26073.jpg

Last edited:
I'd separate it into eras.
WW1, Albatross DV, or Pfalz DIII,
Interwar, P6E or P26
WW2 , early Spitfire, or Zero A6M5
Postwar, Hawker Hunter or F-86
civilian, Beeechcraft Staggerwing, or Cessna 190
Can't think of anything modern that I consider beautiful
overall it's a hard choice, i've flown in a Staggerwing, but the beauty of the Spitfire is hard to ignore.

Flankers (without canards to spoil the lines please), curved lines like a swan or a women, just as you like it. These things are pure sex!

View attachment 212049

Damn right, I forgot about the Flanker. Sukhoi has made some beautiful jets.

Can't share your feelings with the MiG 1.44. Thing is fugly.

Last edited:
Also this barely counts as military, but the hands down champ of the Most Beautiful Plane award has to be the Beech Model 17 Staggerwing. Not even an olive drab paint scheme can ruin it.

Wow, this one makes biplanes look cool. Could be a fighter in real or a fighter design in Star Wars.

Last edited:
I dunno about fighter but they did race Staggerwings in the '30s, quite successfully too.

Can't share your feelings with the MiG 1.44. Thing is fugly.

Guess most people think that way. I like it with this monster of an air intake that is separate from the front fuselage.

These two for best 4 engine civilians of the 30s

Attachments

• He_116_2013.jpg
    He_116_2013.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 224
  • 1434595472599.jpg
    1434595472599.jpg
    375.1 KB · Views: 281
My favourite jets looks wise are the Mirages (III, F1, 2000). Never knew angles could look so elegant.

Mirage iii.jpg

Mirage f1.jpg

Mirage 2000.jpg

Can't forget the Hawker Hunter:

Hawker hunter.jpg

All your high powered jets don't hold a candle to a Glider
K21 .jpg

If you want an exhilarating experience try this. I didn't take these shots but I did do a bungee launch in this glider a number of years ago at the Midlnd Gliding Club. Just to the left of this photo is an almost shear cliff. The glider doesn't have the speed to climb so you basically go off the edge of the cliff and drop until you get the speed up to climb.
View attachment 490925

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back