My airshow pics of 2005

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just joined so what better way to start off than posting some of my favourite warbird pics of 2005.............

WalneySpitPL965.gif

WalneyAnson2.gif

WalneySpitPT4621.gif

WalneySpitPT462.gif

MillomMustang.gif

mustang14.gif

mustang12.gif

mustang5.gif

hunter20.gif

fury6.gif

fury4.gif

fury1.gif

that will do for now, but there is plenty more if you want to see em!

Alas the mighty Lancaster eluded me this year, it was due at Whitehaven and again at RAF Leuchars but due to weather and technical gremlins i missed it, got quite a few on prints though that i will have to get scanned. I've never been down to Culdrose i'm afraid from what i've read though they usually have quite a good show.

well it's not a huge show, it's more worth the visit to yeovilton, thay do a great show with allot of RN participation (as you'd expect) and the traditional close to the air displays is a simulated marine assult with harriers and many, many helicopters it's very impressive......

Now a few from The Shuttleworth Collection, these were taken on the 24th September.
1914 - Avro 504 K
sam1.jpg

sam2.jpg

Avro Triplane
sam3.jpg

Bristol Boxkite
sam4.jpg

DHC-1 Chipmonk
sam5.jpg

Dart Kitten
sam6.jpg

Bristol F2b
sam7.jpg

Hawker Sea Hurricane
sam8.jpg

Sopwith Pup
sam15.jpg

Raf Se5a
sam16.jpg

and some of the visitors....................
Ryan PT-22 Recruit
sam14.jpg

sam13.jpg

P-51D 'Jumpin Jacques' Based at North Weald
sam12.jpg

Jet Provost flown by Mark Grimshaw also based at North Weald
sam10.jpg

sam9.jpg

Great pics Chris, awesome shots. The fact the BBMF didn't turn up at Leuchars really annoyed me (it was the main reason I went) although the rest of the show was good. Funnily enough I have almost the exact same picture of the Spitfire SM845 and the P-51 Old Crow. Your pics of them flying though are much better than mine, great shots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back