My airshow pics of 2005 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just a couple more, just to say i don't mind constructive criticism chaps........
The Real Aeroplane Companies Hawker Hurricane, based at Breighton, North Yorkshire
hurricanecloseup-2.gif

hurricanecloseup.gif

B-17 Sally B with Rob Davies and Maurice Hammonds P-51D Mustangs 'Big Beautiful Doll' and 'Janie'
formation-2cp.gif

Planesailings PBY Catalina based at Duxford
catcloseup.gif

Rob Davies P-51D Mustang 'Big Beautiful Doll'
bbd-11.gif

The Real Aeroplane Companies Miles Magister. One of only 3 in the UK.
maggiecp.gif

Magnificent photos!

It's also good to see the props turning rather than being frozen by the rapid shutter (or something).

How about being generous to us lazy types and uploading a zip file of them all so we don't have to download them individually (please)?

These are so good they belong on Airliners.net. But keep coming back here as often as you can.

I got a digicam a while back and I am still getting the hang of it. No plane pix yet.

I admit to being interested in the Hunter you use. Stunning paint job but can I ask what the three inlets for below the nose?

Hi Chris welcome to the site.
I been sort of floating in and out of the site for a while as work is ruling most of my time at the mo but I loved your Photographs super stuff. My old man has got the 35mm Rebel and I was interested in your shots of the airbourne planes did you use auto focus and also how have you found the camera in general (any draw backs or things you dont like about it).
I have not had much success with my ariel shots so far so a change of equipment for that specific purpose may be required.

The ports beneath the Hunter's nose are for the 20 mm cannon.

Seldom fitted these days.

These orifices are what produce the famous Hunter 'Blue Note'.

I also recall some rude name for the bulges where the cannon breeches were. Oh yes, 'Sabrinas'. Named for some popular starlet of the era.

Lovely photos. Nice to see the other Magister getting some air under her wings. I love those little aeroplanes. Having just recantly spent a merry afternoon underneath the Shuttleworth collections example cleaning it made me admire it even more and whant to have a go at modelling it sometime.

Just a minor correction, she is 1 of only 3 flying in the uk. Possibly in the entire world. I am not 100% about in the workd but she is definatly 1 of only 3 flying in the uk. The other 2 of course are Peter Holloways and th example owned and flown by the Shuttleworth collection. There are at least 2 other static maggies in the u.k. Theres one at Duxford and one somewhere else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back